Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Love to have this

And a small .22 mounted in each wing:evil:

Kid could have slowed it down a little:(

Last edited:

I saw this a few months ago when my son was watching videos of RC heli's. Even my grandfather admired the work done on this thing... its crazy fast! I dont know how you would even see it to fly it!

I think it would be cool with lasers on the wing tips and a bunch of targets on the ground that went boom when the lasers hit em :eg:

And I want a video camera and down link inside the jet...

Last edited:
yeah i don't know how that guy sees it either!!! i wouldn't fly that thing with out some sort of wings level autopilot or some sort of DIY inertial/gps reference system.

Actually, with all the video game controller DIY inertial measurement stuff out there today that sort of thing is easier than ever to do yourself. just need a gps sensor, 3 axis accel, 3 axis gyro (a lot of times there are gyro/acc packages), a kalman filter and you are in business.....for the orientation and velocity sensing. although, after that it gets difficult because of the aero stability and control stuff. :/

This post got me thinking about starting up an old DIY autopilot project i had going before i became a working stiff....just need to figure out where to mount the lasers this time hehehe

I've seen one similar at a local R/C club. Those turbines are like $3500 USD each and the planes can do 100 knots. I've asked about sight and that's a real issue. If you lose orientation with it, you lose her in the weeds several miles away. The one I saw had a transponder, so the owner could find it, again, if she goes down. And, boy are they loud!

I always find it amazing how people can land those things by just watching it and remotely controlling it. It's hard enough to get those damn RC helicopters to land nicely for me :|

Encap

awesome thing!

Of course it needs several lasers independently aimed at a target or targets by remote control and real time video camera and transmitter on board ---run it from IPad program perhaps

High speed micro-drone for kids of all ages!

Last edited: