Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lost Laser?

I am beginning to think I have lost my laser :'( My wife let me buy myself a 35mw from WL for christmas. At first it was awesome, then strange things started happening to it, it would be very unstable, flicker like mad and sometimes lase 2 distint beams which would merge into one then back to two at random.

I have been in constant contact with Support@WL and Andrew finally gave me an RMA number for return. So I packed it up and sent it back to WL using my Company's Royal mail Franking machine (free to me if used in moderation), I sent the parcel first class Royal mail Airmail with a delivery promise of 3-5 Days to world zone 2 (China) Now nine days later the package still has not arrived at WL.

RM Airmail does not issue a tracking number for that service, so I have no idea what has happened to it or where it is. But as each day goes by , Its beginning to look more and more like its been lost or seized.

I am seriously Gutted :'(

Jase

L

laser

if it was seized by customs you would have got a letter from the government or mail service.

but man that sucks. you were right to return it though, and you should contact wicked lasers a lot. ask a lot of questions.

i am trying to return my laser and i am not taking any chances. i have asked so many questions and sent so many emails....

That sucks...

I had two lasers that I got from Wicked, and I sent them back 9 days ago too... I e-mailed them about it last night, and they said they had not gottin it yet...

laserk said:
if it was seized by customs you would have got a letter from the government or mail service.

but man that sucks. you were right to return it though, and you should contact wicked lasers a lot. ask a lot of questions.

i am trying to return my laser and i am not taking any chances. i have asked so many questions and sent so many emails....
I wouldnt have recieved anything from customs. I did not include a sender return address, I was too Paranoid, as <1mw is all thats allowed in the UK. I did as Andrew asked me to do . That was to make sure the RMA number was clearly visible inside and outside the Package , and declare contents as a defective pen Value $0.

:'(

Jase

T

timelord

Be patient it could be just back logged. As for 1mw in the UK i think you'll find that most astronomy shops actually sell 5mw greens and Spymodex legally sell 250mw from the UK too. So don't be paranoid about owning a laser in the UK..

L

laser

you should put return adresses... but it probably didnt get taken. it might just be stuck, and it will eventually be shipped.

I really hope so, But I really was not too sure of the legal position regarding Lasers here in the UK, It all seems very grey and not black and white as TL pointed out to me (Thanks)
But as I used my works free postage facility, I didnt really want to make it too clear that I was returning an illegal product to a country that until a few years ago, was a total mystery to the west :-[

Jase

T

timelord

Tallaxo said:
I really hope so, But I really was not too sure of the legal position regarding Lasers here in the UK, It all seems very grey and not black and white as TL pointed out to me (Thanks)
But as I used my works free postage facility, I didnt really want to make it too clear that I was returning an illegal product to a country that until a few years ago, was a total mystery to the west :-[

Jase
I would always pay for proper post mate. It only cost me £7 for 1st class insured and sign for delivery too. This way the customs are not to bothered. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

L

laser

it wouldnt matter if you payed for 1st class, or ground mailing or anything would it? the chances of it getting taken away wouldnt bet higher if you shipped it differently, right?

T

timelord

I don't know but it's more likely gonna get there which is the object of the game ;)

P

Placebo

Tallaxo: Get your information from the source, bud.

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content1?catId=400036&mediaId=3500027#1400037

Looks like you might be able to track after all since postage was metered. (I mean your "Royal franking machine" at work. We call 'em "postage meters" here in the US.)

Hope this helps. Did you check the mail room at work? Maybe it didn't get to the post office since the return address was "forgotton". If it did get returned for whatever reason the serial number stamped by the Franking/Meter/Whatever machine is trackable back to your work. Maybe it's closer than you think!

Laserk: You ask a very very very good question!!!

Timlord: If I could paraphrase your answer to Laserk's very good question, are you implying that shipping classifications affect the likelyhood of customs intervention?

T

timelord

Sometime the class of post does effect how things happen yes. I used to work in royal mail and with out going too deep lets just say all kinds of stuff happens.

Thanks for the info Placebo but unfortunately we only use standard Airmail which is not trackable and not (Airsure) which is.

Live and learn I guess :(

Jase

P

Placebo

Timelord said:
Sometime the class of post does effect how things happen yes. I used to work in royal mail and with out going too deep lets just say all kinds of stuff happens.

Why are you being so cryptic? This is huge and is a major concern for many of us! Of all the times there has been to shut up, this is not one of them! If you have knowledge that could provide security for our lasers please share it! You da man!

T

timelord

I'm not being cryptic i'm just pointing out that if you send stuff standard mail then you'll get standard treatment. This applies to the way customs treat stuff. Any what do you really know about UK post???? :-X