Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looks like someone in AU is onto WL!

Don't think they're smart enough to do that. If they were actually looking at this site they'd actually take our advice.

Possessing Lasers over 1mW is still a crime regardless of whether 1st of July has come or not, this started when the first few incidents had spawned.

They have just stepped it up a notch by adding the new law to stop people from importing them.

On another note i called customs this morning and had a chat to them in regards to the matter.
ATM the regulation (which will become part of the act on 1st of July) states that it is PROHIBITED to import Laser Pointers!!
So Aixiz modules, diodes, and anything else laser related is OK to import.
Now i hope the TROUBLEMAKERS don't start learning how to build lasers as it will just cause more grief for us genuine enthusiasts.

From what i was told, there would be some system introduced to allow for permits, and all Lasers that come into the country after July 1st will be RTS material. Meaning if the product is not illegal in the country that it was sent from, it will just be Returned To Sender.

So in your case Murudai (don't know if i spelt that correctly) you could most likley ask for your money back if your Lasers where confiscated at customs, thats if the sender gets his laser back =]

All my lasers will arrive before July 1st, so the RTS thing isn't really something I need to worry about.

And possessing lasers over 1mW you're probably talking about NSW, but I'm not in NSW. Regardless, I have no intention of getting on the wrong side of the law.

Thus for the time being until the government is more clear on these laws, I won't be selling any of my lasers.

And also, tomorrow I'm going to call up the local police and see what the laws are in the ACT. And if they are illegal or going to be, I'll try my luck at a permit.

Oh, and as a side note, all I see is 'laser pointers banned', like you pointed out onb000st. However, portable lasers like the RPL aren't classified as pointers :) So who knows, if it comes to it I wouldn't mind too badly getting rid of all my 'pointers' but keeping my portable lasers.

I really want to get a shotgun and blast the guy that wrote that articles head off :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Murudai said:
All my lasers will arrive before July 1st, so the RTS thing isn't really something I need to worry about.

And possessing lasers over 1mW you're probably talking about NSW, but I'm not in NSW. Regardless, I have no intention of getting on the wrong side of the law.

Thus for the time being until the government is more clear on these laws, I won't be selling any of my lasers.

And also, tomorrow I'm going to call up the local police and see what the laws are in the ACT. And if they are illegal or going to be, I'll try my luck at a permit.

Oh, and as a side note, all I see is 'laser pointers banned', like you pointed out onb000st. However, portable lasers like the RPL aren't classified as pointers :) So who knows, if it comes to it I wouldn't mind too badly getting rid of all my 'pointers' but keeping my portable lasers.

LOL, im pretty sure "portable lasers" would be classed as pointers. We know there's a difference but to them they would just be like "well he points and clicks...so it must be a pointer!!" HOWEVER the regulation does contain some ambiguity in it so i guess you could try your luck =]

Switch

WL is getting bad rep, but for all the wrong reasons.And mostly in Australia which is not going to be a huge market for them anyway....Wow, what BS.Stupid people!!!Look at what they said about youtube and that "how to pot mod a greenie" fake vid that's all over.

Razako said:
Who would have ever imagined this ban failing so badly ::)

I dig your sarcasm. ;D

It might be funny to feed these "journalists" (and I use that term loosely) with disinformation so as to discredit their organization.

"I'm designing a program that will allow this webcam to auto-aim these 4 femtowatt 101nm lasers I got from Ebay.au at these evil journalists who are alerting officials of my dastardly deeds!"

God save us, FOUR FEMTOWATTS!

Murudai said:

loop holes FTW! i rekon beb debus would order himself a rpl before the ban starts ::)

Switch

Oh NOES!!!! 4 femtowatts!! :eek: :eek: :eek: But hey 101nm can still cause cancer ::)

All this laser stress of late, customs and bans and what not. Gonna kill me.

Then coupled with the fact that I have end of semester exams over the next 2 weeks...

If for some reason I stop coming on here, it's because I went crazy with stress and they had to lock me up in a mental institution :(

If your gonna go down, go down in style Murudai...
I want to see you on the news....
Running down the runway at Sydney International Airport....with the RPL-400 in your hand pointing it at planes left right and centre...
I also want to see at least 5 officers trailing behind you and b4 u get caught u must at LEAST do a quick youtube video of your RPL 400 burning 747 tyres.

Well, that's the plan. I mean just like you said, if you are gonna be in the news for a crazy stunt, may as well get into the news across the country, or even the world :)

DISCLAIMER:
TO ANY STUPID JOURNALISTS OUT THERE. I WOULD NOT ACTUALLY DO THIS, IT IS A JOKE. THESE ARE FORUMS, WE MAKE JOKES SOMETIMES. DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU HEAR ON THESE THINGS AND PUT THEM UP AS FACT.

!!!

Sorry for the double post, but I just noticed that I got banned from Laser Community!! ;D ;D

I'm not surprised, I got their company on the news under a negative light :)

I posted something there under the name Micheal Orr. I made up that name just so you know.

From anonymous to notorious in a single article... pretty impressive! Too bad your plan to stock & sell some lasers backfired on you Murudai. It's probably best to bail out, lasers are nice and all but not worth getting into trouble with law.

I don't know what reputation the "daily telegraph" has in AU, but sounds like some tabloid to me. A classic example of a very subjective article with very little knowledge of the writer about the subject he writes.

Hey at least you got something positive out of the whole thing: you got banned on LC so you don't have to worry about having to write something there any more. :p

J/k. Keep your cool and don't let them get into your head.