Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looks like i'm giving Jetlasers a try

Now that i've got a little extra money, I decided to check out Jetlasers. I've heard that they've got great customer service and products, so I ordered a 600mW(would've went with 800mw, but Xbox One) 532nm PL-E Pro yesterday, and will probably order a 2W 445nm PL-E Pro soon.

I remember hearing that WL used to be a great company before the Arctic craze of 2010 made them viciously sloppy. They're starting to come back now, but have let the publicity get to their heads, which leads to all of the marketing and false claims that they're doing. I haven't heard of Jetlasers as much as i've heard of WL, Dragonlasers, and O-Like, but if anything, that may be somewhat of a good sign, like Jetlasers is a kind of "hidden gem" in the laser world. One that has great customer service and consistency with their sometimes overspec products.

I do have one question though. for the 445s, would I be better going with the Equality series, or the PL-E Pro series? I did a search for the Equality series and found a post saying: "Am told duty cycle can be continous but and stability cycle is not as good as PL-E".

Encap

Nice choice!

PL-E Pro 600mW , 532nm is one great laser!

Overspec, high quality, reasonable price, honesty, integrity, and best customer service is Jetlasers.

Email Gray at Jetlasers jetlasers@gmail.com and ask about the 445nm am sure he will tell you the differences in features and duty cycle.

Last edited:

Tmack

An jealous! Very nice choice! Beam expander? Continuos duty cycle? ? ! I wouldn't know about that but I do know the ple have better heatsinking, so that doesn't really add up. Maybe I was misinformed .

Yeah, get a PL-E Pro with a beam expander. You will not be disappointed. I hope soon I will be able to buy a 532nm PL-E pro (600 or 800 mW) with a beam expander. That will be the day :cool:

Yeah, get a PL-E Pro with a beam expander. You will not be disappointed. I hope soon I will be able to buy a 532nm PL-E pro (600 or 800 mW) with a beam expander. That will be the day :cool:

Haha, I was going to save up for the 800mW 532nm PL-E PRO, but decided to get the 50mW 520nm :crackup:

An jealous! Very nice choice! Beam expander? Continuos duty cycle? ? ! I wouldn't know about that but I do know the ple have better heatsinking, so that doesn't really add up. Maybe I was misinformed .

I don't really know about the duty cycle, and I was going to get the beam expander, but the only one i've had was from WL and it didn't even seem worth it. This one may be different though, so I might order one in a few days with the 2W 445.

Last edited:

Tmack

That would be the one to get it for. From what I hear their beam expander a are not only very effective but cosmetically appealing as well. The 445m will have a bigger need to focus . So if you were to get one, make it for the 2w. I actually sold my 1s spartan because of its inability to focus. All that power without being to harness it is almost useless . Almost.

SKeeZ

Nice choice!

PL-E Pro 600nm , 532mW is one great laser!

Overspec, high quality, reasonable prices, and best customer service is Jetlasers.

Email Gray at Jetlasers jetlasers@gmail.com and ask about the 445nm am sure he will tell you the differences in features and duty cycle.

looks like you swapped around your values for the measurements. :)

Last edited:
As it turns out, Xbox One pre-orders are gone everywhere, and i'm slightly pissed. This means that I have more that I can spend until I get paid around the 1st of November, so i'm just going to say "f**k it" and buy 2 beam expanders, a tripod, and the 2W 445nm PL-E Pro because goddamn Microsoft not making enough Xbox One's to cover the massive pre-orders. I should probably cancel my order for the 600mW 532nm PL-E Pro and up it to the 800mW version, but a difference of 200mW between the two probably isn't visually noticable.

And I just spent $1135 on lasers and laser accessories in 2 days. Didn't think i'd be doing something like this a few years ago when all I knew about lasers were from cheap reds that you get at Walmart.

Encap

looks like you swapped around your values for the measurements. :)

Thanks--you're right!

I hadn't noticed the specifications dyslexia--have corrected same.

Last edited:
Right now the beam expander from JetLasers is not compatible with their Equality series, I asked about it and changed my 532nm to a PL-E Pro because of it. Gray did say they expected to have a new crown for the Equality to allow the use of the beam expander in about a week but I couldn't wait. :D

I ordered a 400mW 532nm PL-E Pro and a 2W 445nm PL-E Pro from JetLasers (as well as a 1.6W PL445 from laserbtb). I have only had <50mW red/green lasers before and was very excited when I found out prices for >100mW lasers had come down so much. I guess it has been a few years since I looked.

I also ordered a beam expander (and safety glasses, etc.). The order process went very well, Gray was very helpful when I needed to add or change items a few times.

Now I am going crazy waiting for lasers.

Right now the beam expander from JetLasers is not compatible with their Equality series, I asked about it and changed my 532nm to a PL-E Pro because of it. Gray did say they expected to have a new crown for the Equality to allow the use of the beam expander in about a week but I couldn't wait. :D

I ordered a 400mW 532nm PL-E Pro and a 2W 445nm PL-E Pro from JetLasers (as well as a 1.6W PL445 from laserbtb). I have only had <50mW red/green lasers before and was very excited when I found out prices for >100mW lasers had come down so much. I guess it has been a few years since I looked.

I also ordered a beam expander (and safety glasses, etc.). The order process went very well, Gray was very helpful when I needed to add or change items a few times.

Now I am going crazy waiting for lasers.

Nice :beer:

I currently am saving up for the 500mW 445nm to make my 500mW collection :bowdown:

I believe you all have it right--

the threaded adaptor only fits the front of the Pro-P-LE in the plcce of the lens cap- this is not possible ATM with any of the EQ series- at least for now-.
about picking- its all in what you want- the EQ is an great host-- I only had one.

Off topic a tab but important-

BTW allow me to repeat- AFAIK- the use of two battery tubes at the same time on the Pro Series in not sugested to be done- the two tubes do not have the same pitch threads a dnthus they do not thread together and sholud not be forced- just putting this out again so nobody (else)overpower and hurts their a Pro this way. This was bound to happen considering the we COULD use both tubes BEFORE- but not NOW
- still

It did make a crazy longass laser a bit longer- add the 10X BE and its even longer-

BUT the main edge was not more output but longer run time before recharge -so big deal- Might best--considering current news of lasers and fears of terrorists.... to refrain from using ANY lasers in public areas after dark- and if you can see an aircraft by eye then aircraft can see you by your laser and they are required to report ANY lasers sighted.- they don't have to be aimed at the aircraft- doing that is much worse - but you sure dont want that kind of problem- --

I may need to change my old avatar- i live out in the 'country' and there is a hill for my back stop- but right now- I wont be doing that much- no need to attract attention- if youwant to do that then go work for a lasershow Company or start one- nobody ever told us we couldn't do what ever we wanted when we wanted and where we wanted-- but thats not true- public display is again he rules- save that for indoors until we see what is happening next- Lasers in the news is never good for us- so we dont need more-

Last edited:
I wanted the green for a very bright beam but also to be under the totally insane power levels such as those presented by a 2W+ 445nm. After reading more I am no longer sure 400mW 532nm counts as not totally insane and I am not sure I should have ordered the 1W+ 445s. Where can I use them? I will have to make some "Class IV Laser in Use" warning sings for doors, black out all windows, and use safety glasses all the time of course. I think I live too close to too many airports (SJC and OAK) to safely use them outside at all.

Note to self: read up on safety before ordering. I guess it is much better to read up before receiving it than read up after I have used it but the 445s were pretty expensive and a bit scarier than planned. :)