Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking to purchase 200mw 445-450nm laser

Hello LPF, I am currently looking to buy my first blue laser. I don't want anything too powerful or too expensive, preferably in the 200mw/under $100 range. I have owned several other lasers in the past so I am aware of the proper safety precautions and I am over 18. I would appreciate links, advice, or if any interested sellers are out there, I would be willing to buy custom built. Thanks.

On a side note I found this one (link Below) the other day but I am skeptical due to it coming from china and there being no reviews, any thoughts?

Quality goods 200mw 450nm focusable blue purple laser pointers Waterproof burning star pointer torch +free shipping by ems-in Laser Pens from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com

SKeeZ

i'd avoid buying from aliexpress. there are also a few red flags in the title of this item. I don't know of a place that sells very low power blue pointers. you may want to look for a blue ray (purple) 405nm laser. i think you can get these in lower powers (like 200mW). Sorry if this wasn't helpful, i tried.

Last edited:

ped

The laser I recieved was 405nm not 450nm, the pointer does not work properly, the seller could not provide adequate answers.

Next...

i'd avoid buying from aliexpress. there are also a few red flags in the title of this item. I don't know of a place that sells very low power blue pointers. you may want to look for a blue ray (purple) 405nm laser. i think you can get these in lower powers (like 200mW). Sorry if this wasn't helpful, i tried.
Anything is helpful at this point. I figured aliexpress wasn't legitimate, I just wish it could have been that easy. Blurays are cool but not quite what I'm looking for.

ARG

Check out the 5mW 450nm pens on ebay, most are 50mW IIRC.

I don't think you can get 200mW without using a multimode diode, but I could be wrong. I'm not up to date on the single mode blues.

Would be best to stick to a single-mode diode laser for lower powers, you get a much better beam then :beer:

Bought it from a member here. I it is single mode. I'd be willing to part with it to start a guy out. PM me for details.

Blord

Check out the 5mW 450nm pens on ebay, most are 50mW IIRC.

I don't think you can get 200mW without using a multimode diode, but I could be wrong. I'm not up to date on the single mode blues.

Would be best to stick to a single-mode diode laser for lower powers, you get a much better beam then :beer:

Oh sure, the multimode M140 diode can do 200mW. It is just a matter of setting the right current on the driver.
But at these low power I would recommend a singlemode diode like the Osram PL450 diode. It has the same color and a much better beam spec.

I would go for the 100mW blue laser from tmackbb4 if you are in the same country.

Update:

I just bought the laser from tmackbb4 and it's pretty much exactly what I was looking for. As it turns out, we live within 15 minutes of each other so I didn't even have to have it shipped. Overall a great buying experience. Many props to you, tmack.

Happy to help and have someone on the forum so close. Enjoy the laser and use those glasses when needed! People have help me so much here I'm only paying it forward.

Happy to help and have someone on the forum so close. Enjoy the laser and use those glasses when needed! People have help me so much here I'm only paying it forward.
well i was going to say for the money you are willing to pay you can get a higher power blue but tmack has you covered.

He is one of the ones who actually wants to start off not so high up there. Gotta respect that. And I looked out for him. Sent him home with a couple necessities other then just the laser.

True most want a laser that can flatten a car tire from 100 feet, so yes its good to see a get used to it first before moving up in power ..

I always get asked if my lasers will pop tires. I had a guy offer me a lot of money for one if it could do it..

Last edited: