Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking to get out of the hobby

Joed

I purchased one of these 200mW green lasers and it really turned out to be more then I wanted.

PL 532nm 100-700

Its to powerful to use around people and I really wasn't looking to make a hobby out of lasers so now it hardly ever gets used. I would guess it doesn't have anywhere near close to one hours use on it. I have two of LarryDFW 3400mah batteries from here, 18650 Batteries & Chargers and a pair of these glasses, Eagle Pair® 190-540nm & 800-2000nm Laser Safety Goggles

Now I know I can't post in the for sale section (really I didn't even try) but if anyone is interested send me a message and we can talk. I can take pictures if requested. Every thing is like new and I am willing take a loss but don't insult me. This is for USA only and if you are anywhere near south Jersey so we could meet in person it would be even better but I can accept paypal.

IsaacT

I purchased one of these 200mW green lasers and it really turned out to be more then I wanted.

PL 532nm 100-700

Its to powerful to use around people and I really wasn't looking to make a hobby out of lasers so now it hardly ever gets used. I would guess it doesn't have anywhere near close to one hours use on it. I have two of LarryDFW 3400mah batteries from here, 18650 Batteries & Chargers and a pair of these glasses, Eagle Pair® 190-540nm & 800-2000nm Laser Safety Goggles

Now I know I can't post in the for sale section (really I didn't even try) but if anyone is interested send me a message and we can talk. I can take pictures if requested. Every thing is like new and I am willing take a loss but don't insult me. This is for USA only and if you are anywhere near south Jersey so we could meet in person it would be even better but I can accept paypal.

The proper place for a sale thread(which this is) is in the B/S/T section. I understand you do not meet the requirements yet, but we have those requirements for a reason, and trying to bypass them doesn't reflect well on you or your attempted sale. What power level is it by the way? You only linked to the page with all of them on there. Also, the requirements are only 20 posts, so just make a few more meaningful ones and then submit a sale thread with a picture of today's date, your member name, and the laser in one picture and some beamshots for proof of life.

ped

I'll copy and paste this to the B/S/T section since you did things correctly and didn't try to "stealth" sell it, on one condition, you post pictures of the items for sale, along with your LPF username & date.
The B/S/T rules are firm, but not set in stone.
Due to you're low post count , people may be dubious , but see how it goes.

Ped

Joed

I just got the these replies and will post pictures this weekend. I understand the rules and why they are in place. Someone will get a good honest deal, I promise.

Just so you know you're not alone in disliking the really high power lasers. You may find lasers in general more rewarding at the <50mW level. I know you're selling this, which appears to be your only laser, but if you get the itch again I recommend you look for something -confirmed- to be low power. You'll likely get a lot more use out of it.

Joed

Here is a beam picture I took last night with my cell phone so its not that great. Also a cell phone picture of everything else that is going taken this morning. If the folks here think I need better pictures I can break out the DSLR.

The night shot was hitting the back of my house 140 feet away.

BTW in case anyone missed it this is the 200mW version in the link above.

Also this was purchased last February and received near the end of that month.

Attachments

• 20140614_102534b.jpg
    20140614_102534b.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 223
  • 20140613_215930c.jpg
    20140613_215930c.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Just so you know you're not alone in disliking the really high power lasers. You may find lasers in general more rewarding at the <50mW level. I know you're selling this, which appears to be your only laser, but if you get the itch again I recommend you look for something -confirmed- to be low power. You'll likely get a lot more use out of it.

In fact, im one of those people. If you look at my signature you will see ALL of my lasers are less then 5mW, I used to own several high-powered lasers but wasn't really careful around them and didn't trust myself being around them since I felt it was only a matter of time before I did something stupid to myself.

I like low-powered pointers(<5mW) since they are eye safe and you can still manage to get great beamshots with them :)

-Alex

soo..whats your asking price? or are you waiting until your sale thread to say?

I would be interested in the Eagle Pair® 190-540nm & 800-2000nm Laser Safety Goggles
Shot out a price.

Joed

I'm thinking $170 plus shipping for the laser and two batteries and $40 plus shipping for the goggles which have not been worn for no more then 10 or 15 minutes. I have about $280 into the whole deal and it is basically all still in like new condition.

Last edited:
Don't give up on lasers... just get some low powered ones to enjoy. You'll use them much more and feel more comfortable powering them on around other people.

/c

I agree you should try some real 5mW lasers check out what Tha Greenlander has to say about them :whistle:

Don't give up on lasers... just get some low powered ones to enjoy. You'll use them much more and feel more comfortable powering them on around other people.

/c

Last edited:

Joed

the laser + goggles are 240$...how do you have 280$ in the whole lot?

$180 for the laser, $13 to ship it, $57 + $5 or so to ship the goggles, 2 Panasonic 3400mah batteries $24.

$279 give or take.

Joed

BTW I do have a couple of 5mW pointers. I just can't see keeping the 200mW greenie. I did try to change my order, really just a couple of hours after ordering, before it shipped, but got no response from laserbtb so I just let it ride. I over spent on the goggles but thought it would be cheaper getting ones that covered a wider range rather then find out at some other point I might need more and ending up with two pairs that overlapped.

I am open to offers, really I have no idea what the market value of used lasers is which is why I posted here before going to the buy and sell section. That and I knew with my post count I might have had problems.

Mods can lock this if they want, I will be posting in the buy and sell section soon.