Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking to buy a S3 Arctic G2

I am looking into this laser and have been for awhile, I have been told that wicked lasers is NOT to be messed with, but I heard they revamped their company after they were sued. I have read horror stories over and over again about this particular laser and I need some advice from some fellow enthusiasts.

jimdt7

Buy either the Dragon Lasers Spartan 1W or one built
from one of our members.
Whats your budget ?

Jim

I personally have a 1W blue Spartan from Dragon Lasers. Very good laser. The quality is amazing. Tailcap is so smooth to spin, host is sexy, has a good duty cycle. I strongly recommend it over anything from Wicked Lasers.

EDIT: JUST DON'T DROP IT! KILLED MY SPARTAN SHORTLY AFTER THE ABOVE POST

Last edited:

Fiddy

the Arctic is a very nice host but, the laser from factory will always fall short of their claimed power, not to mention the shipping and lead time.

DrSid

Especially if you want 445nm, go for builds or kits from LPF members.

Thank you for all of the feedback, my budget is fairly low. I.E. 270$

Last edited:
Wow! I will probably buy from someone on the forums not to insult anyone but I was kind of skeptical\scared to buy from other people that weren't part of a business.

Most of the time you're getting better quality from reputable members here than from businesses.

Last edited:
We have some of the top builders around. If you have a question about a certain laser being sold, just ask.

TomD

Wow! I will probably buy from someone on the forums not to insult anyone but I was kind of skeptical\scared to buy from other people that weren't part of a business.

A DIY build will almost always perform better than a commercially available product if you look at the performance per dollar, since DIYers/builders don't pay for marketing, endorsements, etc. And if your builder is really skilled, if something goes wrong, they help you out faster than the big guys.

Granted, the big companies may be able to afford to send you a replacement, but in the end, when it comes to lase-per-buck (my version of bang-for-buck), you can't go wrong with a custom-built one. :beer:

A DIY build will almost always perform better than a commercially available product if you look at the performance per dollar, since DIYers/builders don't pay for marketing, endorsements, etc. And if your builder is really skilled, if something goes wrong, they help you out faster than the big guys.

Granted, the big companies may be able to afford to send you a replacement, but in the end, when it comes to lase-per-buck (my version of bang-for-buck), you can't go wrong with a custom-built one. :beer:

I can only say that your 100% right!

This has to be the first post i read that i'm 100% behind on.

Cheers, sm.

TomD

I can only say that your 100% right!

This has to be the first post i read that i'm 100% behind on.

Cheers, sm.

Well thanks a lot for that! :beer: I speak from experience building portable headphone amplifiers. The DIY community is tenacious and keeps rolling out new designs, but the premium boutique brands can and will always afford to get away with selling old designs in nice shiny branded tins.

To the OP, how's the Spartan coming along?