Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for some religous books...

iewed

Particularly a Torah, Qur'an, Vedas, and Pali Canon.

Any suggestions? Preferably under 500 pages, all in English please ;)

I have the big book of every religion stashed somewhere but it's well into the thousands of pages :p

iewed

Name? A single book on multiple religions wold be nice, even if it is 5000+ pages.

it's called "the big book of religions" :D but it's somewhere around 40 years old, not sure if it's still in print. if I had to guess I would say about 7-8000 pages

I also have one on the major religions of the world thats about 400 pages, it's somewhere in one of my boxes though :-/

i'm taking a religions of Asia & India class right now and have lots of religious books :)

so far, I've enjoyed the "Tao T e h Ching" the most, it's over Tao. (chinese religion... more like ethical system though).

and the Veda's are really cool too, I enjoyed them a lot. Hinduism is pretty cool.

All these books were like $2 on amazon.com or half.com

enjoy,
Kendall

If you're just looking for the full text of those books, they should all be under the public domain and available at http://www.gutenberg.org/...

I'm not really sure about some kind of compilation of all those books in one, or some sort of discussion about them all in one book, but as for the full english translation of the original scriptures, project gutenberg should have it.

iewed

pseudolobster said:
If you're just looking for the full text of those books, they should all be under the public domain and available at http://www.gutenberg.org/...

I'm not really sure about some kind of compilation of all those books in one, or some sort of discussion about them all in one book, but as for the full english translation of the original scriptures, project gutenberg should have it.

Thanks, but all I found was the Quar'an.

maxkillz said:
I have the big book of every religion stashed somewhere but it's well into the thousands of pages  :p

EVERY religion?

that book should be called

The complete guide to LIES.

and should be about OVER 9000 pages

(seriously, over 9000).

iewed said:

Hmm.. :-/ Well, the wikipedia articles to most holy books have links to their full texts... These books are all public domain and can be freely distributed on the internet... Lots of sites have the complete text of these books, you just have to search a bit... As for commentaries on the books or compilations of them, again, I'm not sure, but project gutenberg is pretty comprehensive.

Niko said:
[quote author=maxkillz link=1227239441/0#1 date=1227240767]I have the big book of every religion stashed somewhere but it's well into the thousands of pages :p

EVERY religion?

(seriously, over 9000).[/quote]

Hey now... Pastafarianism teaches nothing but universal truths. Not all religions are lies. ;)

pseudolobster said:
[quote author=iewed link=1227239441/0#6 date=1227243148]

Hmm.. :-/ Well, the wikipedia articles to most holy books have links to their full texts... These books are all public domain and can be freely distributed on the internet... Lots of sites have the complete text of these books, you just have to search a bit... As for commentaries on the books or compilations of them, again, I'm not sure, but project gutenberg is pretty comprehensive.

Niko said:
[quote author=maxkillz link=1227239441/0#1 date=1227240767]I have the big book of every religion stashed somewhere but it's well into the thousands of pages  :p

800px_Touched_by_His_Noodly_Appendage.jpg

EVERY religion?

(seriously, over 9000).[/quote]

Hey now... Pastafarianism teaches nothing but universal truths. Not all religions are lies. ;)

[/quote]

800px_Touched_by_His_Noodly_Appendage.jpg

RAMEN.