Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for some help

I have tried numerous key words in the search bar and I have yet to find anything that relates to this. Maybe I'm not searching the right thing? Anyway, If anyone could explain to me what is going on with my laser it would be greatly appreciated. I have tried to clean the lens and that only works temporarily for about 10 minutes. /Users/Downloads/IMG_2062-1.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2062-1.JPG
    IMG_2062-1.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 52

That looks to me like a "wing". Unfortunately, if you are using a g2 lens or similar, that is a property of the lens itself and nothing can be done about it besides using another type of lens.

Well that's not good news... Thank you for your quick reply though. Which type of lens would you recommend?

Well that's not good news... Thank you for your quick reply though. Which type of lens would you recommend?

Well personally I switch lenses for different uses. You know those Aixiz 3 element lenses? I use that for everything but burning and the g2 lens I use only to burn.
Now the 3 element lens will cut the power down due to clipping the beam but you get better beam specs.
The G2 is the best for raw power so use it for when you want to burn up close.

I know exactly what type of lens you are talking about. I normally use my laser for burning purposes, but it would be nice to have a separate lens for the better beam specs.