Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for recommendations

Okay I admit, I am a newby in lasers and what not but that's not the point of this post. I'm looking for a handheld laser pointer that can burn green vegetation, (and no, not marijuana) and is inexpensive (under $35 if possible). Can someone please recommend a good laser, I have some background knowledge of wavelengths and stuff but that's nothing compared to this community forum. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

To be able to burn green vegetation you are going to need a dangerously powerful class 4 laser, that's not going to happen for $35 or anything close to it. Plan on spending $200 to $300 or even more, the only lasers powerful enough will be blue 445nm or 450nm, although a less powerful and less expensive 405nm may work but I am not certain of that, I have never done tests on green vegetation so I can't be sure. In addition to the laser you will also need safety glasses, batteries, and a charger, so plan on spending a lot of money. A laser powerful enough to burn green vegetation will also be powerful enough to set things on fire or to instantly burn you or blind you if you have an accident, proper laser safety glasses would be required when burning anything.

Alan

Not to be rude but what's with all the, "I need a laser with rediculous power to do blah blah blah for 20$" lately? I mean I know where in the age of rediculous cheap Chinese made gadgets but for f's sake. Always 20$?
The last thread was for a laser that would make a 2mm dot at 2 kilometers.....for 20$ Or some un realistic amount.
Okay rant over.
Cheers good health.

Not to be rude but what's with all the, "I need a laser with rediculous power to do blah blah blah for 20$" lately? I mean I know where in the age of rediculous cheap Chinese made gadgets but for f's sake. Always 20$?
The last thread was for a laser that would make a 2mm dot at 2 kilometers.....for 20$ Or some un realistic amount.
Okay rant over.
Cheers good health.

I was thinking the same thing its strange people ask for $20 laser and at 1000W :thinking:

Last edited:
Ok I want a yellow laser that can burn the ass hairs off a cat at 10 feet and I only have $20 to spend, can someone tell me where to buy one? :crackup:

Alan

Yeah it's possible but it's also possible to make my 1998 Audi A-4 's engine do 8000 rpm's. But, only for a min or two. And with no eye protection.
- he did ask for a burning pointer that can burn Green vegs....:D
and he can re-use the burning laser pointer many times..... :can:
it's a great project to do.:p
may be i should do a video showing what this burning laser tutorial from ARG capable of..;)

@ PI R Square it possible!! well first you need a cat, a "Yellow" laser pointer, then follow the tutorial, hold your cat while possition the burning "yellow" laser pointer at kitty's ass......Be warn Kitty won't like it and you will receive battle scars.

Last edited:

abwx

I have a device which the vendor describes as "Laser 301 5mw 405nm 18650 Zoomable Purple-Violet Light Laser Pointer Presentation Pen." I paid less than $10 for it, providing my own 18650. If I unscrew the tip a bit ("zoom"), the beam double-cones with the crossover a few inches in front of the device. If I hold that near-point of light steady on a green leaf, after a few seconds it begins to smoke, and a few seconds later, there is a burned spot. Ta da! Burned Green Vegetation! If you want to burn more green vegetation than that, you will need something more. If you want something "good," you will need to spend more. But there you go, a baseline.

( Zwatrick ) if you like a burning laser your going to spend minimum $90+ you can see what member sell in the sell section i have some laser's i could post and sell and donate to ( LPF The Money ) The problem is i have nothing less than $120 and i like to sell to member that have laser experience and are minimum ( Class 1M ), am a newbie myself. :whistle:,And i could sell you one, i also have some $20 laser YL-Laser and its only 56mW i believe not powerful to burn vegetation !

Okay rant over.
Cheers good health.

Hi, OM..
Yes i agree obviously they are too new to educate them selfs enough to find out a simple answer as to find out about What a WL can do or not. It seems that folks don't want to read up of things that interest them and find it easier just to ask .
Here at LPF we have a fabulous search bar with a multitude of information you will learn a lot more by reading and absorbing what you read.
Hey don't get me wrong i'll help anyone in need It's just your rant caught my eye.
Well said my friend and it wasn't abrasive either just common sense

Rich:)

Curiosity got the better of me and I watched the how to turn your laser into a burning laser video ... I'm dyin' here :D :D :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

BTW I wish I could get my paws on an Oxygen Acetylene torch right now as I have a great idea for a video.

diachi

Curiosity got the better of me and I watched the how to turn your laser into a burning laser video ... I'm dyin' here :D :D :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

BTW I wish I could get my paws on an Oxygen Acetylene torch right now as I have a great idea for a video.

You can make both Oxygen and Acetylene at home ... :D Or just go buy some at the welding supplies place, probably not cheap though.