Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for my first Laser pointer!! HELP!

Hi guys!!

I'm looking for my first laser, and i'm undecided in some lasers :cryyy: Can anyome help me???

I have a budget oh 100$ and i can only pay trought paypal :x im searching for a lasers that is at least >150mw, visible beam, pop balloons, light maches...

I have found this ones:

From Aliexpress(the seler is from OXLasers)
-->OXLasers OX-GL1 Focusalbe 200mW green

-->OXLasers OX-G40 Powerful 200mW

-->OXLasers 532nm high power 300mW

-->High Power Green Laser Pointer 200MW 500MW adjustable

From Yourlasers
-->Adjustable Focus 200mW Green Laser Torch

-->SD-302 Focusable 200mW 532nm Green Laser Pen

From Lasersman
-->200MW 532NM FLASHLIGHT STYLE GREEN LASER POINTER

From Lazerpoint
--> I found at leat 5 lasers there, but i read it that is to a safe website to buy from. do you agre??

Can u guys give your opinion and sugest more lasers to se better??

Thank you all

Last edited:

First off are you onlu looking at 532s or are you open to 445, 405 or 650? If you are set on 532 then why are do you need above 150mW? Are you just looking for it to light match pop balloons and cut tape? If so you can get a 100mW and save money. I would say no on lazerpoint and also aliexpress but thats just me. Havent heard much on the other two places. Lazerer is a trusted placed for a bunch of members here including me. Do you have proper safety glasses and if not you better plan on getting some, actually NEED to get some. Alright ones will cost ~10 and good ones wil be $45.

im looking for 532nm. i want above 150 because the beam is more visible at day time.

Early i saw this review from a member. I think its a good purchase, what do you thing?

already have a safety glasses for 532nm

Any lazerer is fine. Thats a 100mW "big head". If you want over 150 then youll havr to get a 200mW lazere r. I like lazerer since you can get a power cert and know for a fact what the power is

what do u mean about "big head"? i'm new at this :D

do you think if a by a laser from lazerpoint it comes under spec?

I heard Lazerpoint's laser aren't up to spec. Lazerer is a good site. Also I would see at laserbtb. If you want a high powered laser which is amazingly overspec I would recommend you this one -> =http://www.laserbtb.com/productshow.asp?id=77]HL 532nm 50-300.
This guy had an overspec of 107mW!!! Notice it's just the 100mW version. -> ="http://laserpointerforums.com/f52...h532l-100b-100mw-16340-532nm-laser-72930.html. Another guy reached 169mw, which is also amazing overspec! I will order next days the 150mW one, because between 100mW and 150mW the price is just $10. The host is great, very high quality. You will also have 6 months of warranty! Don't forget goggles.

Hope I could help you.

Last edited:

Gun

Hello Valendro, sorry to go off-topic here (although not really since I'm sure RedCarrot will want to know this as well.) Are sky lasers a good supplier? I'm wanting to buy a lab laser of my own and they seem to have some for pretty good prices. I just want to know if you've had any experience with them.

Thanks,
Gun

Last edited:
I heard Lazerpoint's laser aren't up to spec. Lazerer is a good site. Also I would see at laserbtb. If you want a high powered laser which is amazingly overspec I would recommend you this one -> =http://www.laserbtb.com/productshow.asp?id=77]HL 532nm 50-300.
This guy had an overspec of 107mW!!! Notice it's just the 100mW version. -> ="http://laserpointerforums.com/f52...h532l-100b-100mw-16340-532nm-laser-72930.html. Another guy reached 169mw, which is also amazing overspec! I will order next days the 150mW one, because between 100mW and 150mW the price is just $10. The host is great, very high quality. You will also have 6 months of warranty! Don't forget goggles.

Hope I could help you.

i like that but unfortunately i don't have the budget :(

Thanks either way :D

First i'm gonna to answer Gun, then to RedCarrot

Hello Valendro, sorry to go off-topic here (although not really since I'm sure RedCarrot will want to know this as well.) Are sky lasers a good supplier? I'm wanting to buy a lab laser of my own and they seem to have some for pretty good prices. I just want to know if you've had any experience with them.

Thanks,
Gun

Hey Gun,

well, I never had experience with them, but I just heard they are a solid company, which is definitely up to spec and often, really really often overspec.
They allow PayPal which is very comfortable if you haven't a credit card or don't want to spend a lot of taxes with western union.
You'll have 6 months of warranty time which is pretty nice, because not every site offer that.

I would say laserbtb (skylasers) has better quality than Lazerer and less than high end company's like Laserglow, CNI, Optronics...

You can't do wrong with laserbtb. Anyway I would recommend you to mail Kevin (he sells the lasers of laserbtb, you can get their E-mail on their site). He response very quickly.

Hope you'll find your perfect Lab-Laser. Hope I could help you. Feel free to ask.

OMG i need help!! i'm so indecide!!

im stuck at this lasers, please give ur opinion!

LZSK - Stick 532nm 100mW

LZBH - 532nm 100mW Focusable Green

High Power 100mW Green laser

Sharp High Power Green laser 100mW

Power Rock Green laser Torch 100mW

I decide to downgrade my power of the laser for at leat >100, because i want to have a good laser not a piece of crap :D

to remember my budget is 100$ :(

NEED OPINONS!!

Well, let's see.

LZSK 100mW - Very bright laser, one of the most bought laser from Lazerer, very solid host, looks nice, high quality host, focusing well, burns matches with ease, pop balloons, cut black tape, nice on/off button (click-on-click-off), but maybe a bit dangerous, because it's on the bottom of the laser (you can't react fast like the LZBH), no key (safety), beam visible

LZBH 100mW - this would be my 2rd choise instead of HL532 from laserbtb, very bright laser, not really famous, easy focusing, big host, LED (looks great I think, but for some annoying at dark place, because it's so bright), solid host, cuts black tape, light matches with ease, pop balloons, on/off button maybe annoying, because you have to keep your thumb on it, key (safety), beam visible

High Power Laser 100mW - don't know about this laser, ugly host, on/off button (click - on - click - off), maybe up to spec or less

Sharp Laser 100mW - the best host, very bright, light up matches, but heard from problems of focusing, cuts tape, pop balloons, look for the review (it exists one), beam is visible, on/off button (click - on - click - off)

Power Rock 100mw - second best host, very bright, focusing difficult for lightning up matches, cuts tape, pop balloons, beam is visible, on/off button (click - on - click - off)

I would go for the LZBH. I would say Lazerer has a bit more power than
O-Like. Maybe 10-25mW more. Their focusing is easier than the O-Likes. I would prefer the LZBH instead of LZSK because of the key, which allows you to turn of your laser and make it safety for children.

Hope this helped you. Ask, if you still have questions.

Last edited:
I would go for the LZBH. I would say Lazerer has a bit more power than
O-Like. Maybe 10-25mW more. Their focusing is easier than the O-Likes. I would prefer the LZBH instead of LZSK because of the key, which allows you to turn of your laser and make it safety for children.

Hope this helped you. Ask, if you still have questions.

Thanks Valendro!!

I'm seriously thinking about buying LZBH! :D thanks again mate

do you think it worth buying Sanyo 18650?? it will make any diference at the laser?

Thanks Valendro!!

I'm seriously thinking about buying LZBH! :D thanks again mate

do you think it worth buying Sanyo 18650?? it will make any diference at the laser?

The quality may isn't the best, but I would say it's "enough" for an 100mW laser. If you want an high quality battery, which allows you definitely more laser uptime (longer power, not more) I can recommend this http://www.amazon.com/EagleTac-3100mAh-Protected-Rechargeable-Battery/dp/B007GEU666 to you. The power of the laser can't get influence by the battery (I guess). Maybe just when the battery is on his way dying. ;)

Any questions? Feel free :)