Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

looking for most powerful blueray diode

Im looking for a blueray diode that is possibly more powerful than the
PHR-803T, and if not what is the MAX Ma i could drive a PHR-803T at with a good copper heatsink.

If you have such a diode for sale "including PHR-803T's" please let me know and i'll snag it!

EDIT i found one in a sled that claims to be a blue 150Mw, priced at $18.00 shipped. "its a PHR" anyone got a better deal?

and secondarily i am looking for the most powerful 5.6mm red diode i can find, if anyone has any tips please share, Thanx!

Dark

Grix

You can try to get a 8X diode somewhere, a member here got 500mW's of violet out of it.

The Pioneer Model BDR-203BKS is an 8x Blu-Ray disc burner capable of 500mW+, although a life test at this power has yet to be performed.

$200 at newegg.com [as of right now, 5-20-09]

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827129037

but you wont find a better deal for power than the 803T which can be found in some places for $8. However running one at 150mW is about 40-50mW above the recommended power output for a good life duration.

yeah... 500mw sounds AWSOME... but i think i'd be better off waiting for a 16x to be developed and then wait for the price to drop on the 8x.

Is there anything inbetween the 803T and the 500mw 8x? better yet, what "X" is the 803T? if i knew that, i could guage my selection a lil better.

and while i've got you're attention do you all know what a good choice for an upgrade form a 300mw red LOC would be? i want it to be more powerfull, but still needs to be 5.6mm.

thankx all!!! very helpful!

Dark

Grix

you could use the equivalent of a 6x or 4x, which will give you 250-150mW

Your thread tittle is "looking for most powerful blueray diode"

As was already stated... at the present time the 8X Blu-Ray is the most
powerful Blu-Ray Laser Diode we can readily get our hands on...

Jerry

Yeah. You may be able to find a 6X GGW-H20L for $55 to $70 if you can find them anywhere. I believe Jake21 has some in stock or just ordered a few, but last I checked his group buy was CLOSED.

In regards to what Grix said, getting 250mW out of a 6X GGW-H20L would require a AR coated lens for 405nm light if you didnt want to tax the hell out of the diode.

EDIT:::::

And about the red pointers right now, 300mW is about as far as it has been taken. I run a LG 22x at 420mA and am getting 290-310mW out of it. Sorry!

Last edited:
Regarding reds, I've been running my LPC-815 at 660mA accidentally for a couple of minutes 3 days ago (in just an Aixiz). Apart from the unusual brightness, it got hot very quickly, which tipped me off that something was wrong. However, it's alive; others have reported running reds from 20x burners at 600mA. Quite possibly the LPCs have some still un-explored potential beyond the usual 420mA... but you'd need good heatsinking.

yeah... 500mw sounds AWSOME... but i think i'd be better off waiting for a 16x to be developed and then wait for the price to drop on the 8x.

How much did you think the most powerful Blu-Ray diode would cost..$25? 16X is still a long way away so you better start putting your pennies away now cause the 8X still will probably around $100 when the 16X is released.

Is there anything inbetween the 803T and the 500mw 8x? better yet, what "X" is the 803T? if i knew that, i could guage my selection a lil better.

Try the search button. All those questions have been discussed in detail many times already. You cant learn if you don't read. Don't waste people time on things you could of found out for yourself if you just took a few minutes to do a search.
:twak:

You might as well try getting your GGW 6X built first. The 8X is an advanced project when you consider its power. Almost like dealing with a 1 watt argon laser. It will put out some serious photons. ;-) But then again, its like jumping from a VW bug into a Porsche isn't it? Happy hunting!

D

Deleted member 8382

go for a ggw, those 8x are so expensive. I'm also waiting price drop :p

Remmeber, all PHR diodes are the same diode, this means if the seller says 150mW is just that the driver is driving it harder than others.

You can adjust the driver to whatever current you want, so just buy a phr sled and driver from here if you are looking for it and adjust the current yourself. the whole module is going to cost you something like 30-40$.

Remember this 18$ offer you talk about only includes the sled wich is sold by many members for 10$~, just look in this board.

Yours,
Albert

More like $20-$30 for a phr module if you build it yourself. $80-$90 for a 6X GGW module.