Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for metal drilling service.

Hey everybody,

I have a 0.45 scale lightsaber replica that's solid metal... Obviously I want to put a laser in the housing but I'm not confident drilling through a limited edition replica...

Anybody know a drilling service that can do small orders? The replica is about 5 inches long and 0.6 inches in diameter... I want a hole drilled through about 0.5 in diameter...

Thanks!

Attachments

• mr45-06-aotc-anakin1.jpg
    mr45-06-aotc-anakin1.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 45

When you say "solid metal", do you mean stainless steel, aluminum...
Also is it really solid? Like an actual bar of metal solid? Because it'll take a lot more then just drilling a hole through it in order to accommodate a laser module, batteries, tail switch, etc.

With the rubber grips and extra pieces at the top removed, it's just a shaped hunk of aluminum.

Also, I'm planning on just having the hole drilled through to fit a 0.5 inch diameter pen host I bought from Jayrob. Drill a second hole on the side of the lightsaber where the pen host switch is and line it all up.

Sorry, that description may be confusing but it's the best I can do. :)

Ahh, gotcha. There should be someone here who could do that for you. Depending on what the thing is worth, some people mite not want to put a hole through it. :p
I have access to some machining equipment, but I don't know if I have a bit long enough to make it all the way through that. Also, if you do find someone to do this for you, I'd send the pen laser with the light saber so they can get an accurate measurement for drilling.

Hahaha. Yeah, that's the problem. I'm scared to drill into it and others might be too.

I actually didn't even think about sending the pen host with the lightsaber too though. Great idea, thanks!!!