Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for info on JD-301 laser pointer I picked up on the cheap

The manual was missing, and I can't find any information on it. It is a 532nm green laser, the emitter has a max <500 mW warning sticker. The box says the output is 100mW which I can believe, (it is bright but generates no heat) although it has in brackets 100mW, 200mW, 300mW, 500mW also available for clients.

Is the emitter power easily modified? Is there an online manual on this unit? Has anybody else here had experience with this model?

udanis

The manual was missing, and I can't find any information on it. It is a 532nm green laser, the emitter has a max <500 mW warning sticker. The box says the output is 100mW which I can believe, (it is bright but generates no heat) although it has in brackets 100mW, 200mW, 300mW, 500mW also available for clients.

Is the emitter power easily modified? Is there an online manual on this unit? Has anybody else here had experience with this model?

Normally the power is upto the ir (or pump) diode inside the laser and that is controller by the driver. With some lasers you can raise the current of the driver by turning a small pot on the driver circuit board. This is called "pot modding". This type of modification could damage your laser and definitely will if it's done improperly.

In most cases when they offer the laser in different levels of power outputs like that, they use a different ir pump diode and the driver set at a different current for each.

So to answer your questions:
Is the emitter power easily modified? No.
Is there an online manual on this unit? I am assuming you want a tech manual so no.
Has anybody else here had experience with this model? I haven't but it just seems to be the run of the mill cheap Chinese laser.

Last edited:
Thanks, that is at least a starting point. It was definitely Chinese made, but seems to be of decent quality manufacture.