Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

looking for green modules need help

I'm looking for green modules 5mw under 3/4 inch long. I've found a couple but they're all over $10 each. Is there cheap ones someplace? Thank you in advance for any help.
Jim

Ebay modules are mostly underspec, as they are mostly from chinese sellers. Lazerer power check there modules/lasers, but are slightly expensive. DX offer some cheap ones, but they wont be 100% on spec. Also odicforce is a good option if your in the UK.

My new problem is: the green module is bigger than the red.is this due to heat issues?I'm gonna have to go back to the original plan of separate drive and diode.grrrr

The green module is larger than the red ones because a 532nm laser module is actually an infrared diode and a crystal that divides the wavelength to create visible light.

The red modules just include a red diode.

In my opinion, as ENX said, ebay is your best bet for a small green ~5mW module. Most of those green ones are at least 5mW and others are higher (but are often not what the seller claims).

Thanks guys. EBay search it is.

HMMMM Asheville NC--

do that ring a bell with anyone?? hint DAOO...:yabbmad::scowl:

jim you live but a short drive to Newton NC- so you should take advantage of this and attend SELEM next Aug.. you wont regret it..:D:wave::)

WOOT!! 5000 posts-yah!

I assume I don't want to meet daoo? Salem.... Google here I come.holy crap! I found it and I'm in! Who needs retinas

Last edited: