Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

looking for dead lasers / parts

tomcat

Why?... what would you do with dead parts ( am i not getting a joke about how we all fry our lasers so damn much here?)

Tomcat,
I'm always looking for more parts, and not just for lasers, I guess all you have to do is ask...As for why, a dead greenie could have a good IR diode, or the diode could be bad but the KTP could still be good, or just for the case/lens/switch/maybe even the driver circuit.

Exactly. Any laser part (maybe not the diode) can probably be used again unless itself is broken. I.e. a laser could be totally fried, with smashed crystals and broken driver board, but it's still a nice housing / case!

well I have a dx 30 that still works but the button acts up and bugs me. I did a pot mod on it and focussed with the button making good contact i actually lit a match with it once. so it is slightly mangled from the pliers to get it out with. I was actually gonna sand the whole thing down to that goldish/bronze color of the brass. so you can have it for $20 if you want it. First one to PM me wins yay!!!!!! ;D