Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for colleges

Abray

Well I just finished up my Junior year of high school and really have to start deciding which colleges I want to apply to. My main interests are engineering, physics, a little computer science, and just math in general. Also, of course lasers. Dealing with light. Would that be considered photonics? Anyways, those are my main interests. I've looked at some engineering a physics schools but just noticed I can't seem to find any colleges that focus on photonics. Am I just not looking hard enough or what? Can anybody recommend a college?

btw I can make it into a lot of colleges, but I won't make it into the best schools, so don't post Harvard or Yale or something ridiculous like that.

you should get a summer internship here:
https://lasers.llnl.gov/education/student_internship_program/

they made the most powerful super laser w/ 192 lasers aimed at 1 spot... I would love to work there.

I couldn't find it but I've also heard of a laser college / university in Sweenden or maybe it was the Netherlands, but its supposed to be one of the best colleges for laser realted material worldwide. My dad told me about it, i tried google but couldn't figure out which country / college it is...