Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for an awesome laser host

Hi all, I recently got myself a https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/diodes/6w-nubm44-445nm-laser-diode

(NUBM44 7W laser) and am looking for a host. I am willing to spend a litle on it if it looks radical. Something along the old Eghemus lines would be cool. It would be really cool if it had a strong sci-fi theme to it, instead of just looking like a flashlight. It could look like some wacky gun or strap around the forearm with a button in the palm. Anything would be really cool. Thanks for any pointers.

Unfortunately, without commissioning someone to do a specific build for you, a "flashlight type host" is exactly what you're going to get. And with Eghemus being out, there's not many options for getting a custom built host. There's been a couple people on here mention starting to do custom work, but nothing really for sure yet. And depending on how "radical" of a designed you want, it won't be cheap, Eghemus' host were usually around $100. So expect at least that, if you can find someone that'll do a build.