Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for a trade

ZANE

Hi guys
I dont know if there is any interest but I have a couple of really excellent watches Id like to trade for something interesting (diodes, pointers- make me an offer). Yes- they are replicas but they are top of the line with swiss movements that have been serviced and are keeping excellent time.

First is a Rolex "Red" Sub- this one has had some modifications done to bring its look and fee closer to the genuine article (mods- genuine crown&Tube, genuine crystal, insert and pearl are genuine and the crown guards have been reshaped for better appearance). It has a Swiss ETA 2836-2 movement (same movement Breitling, Tudor and Tag Heur use). In all this watch cost me about $600 US. The box set and papers are genuine too and they cost me $150.

A genuine "Red" Sub sells for about $15000 US on the bay- you can get as close as you can be for a hell of alot less.

Looking for trades only, let me know what you have

Attachments

• 4m14zv7.jpg
    4m14zv7.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 93

ZANE

Next Up is my Panerai 0196. This is the "older" style with the more correct case. Movement is 7750b slow beat. Chronos work and reset perfectly. $200 value, Gorgeous!

Attachments

• DSC_0670.jpg
    DSC_0670.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 88

ZANE

It was some personal info that was inadvertantly placed there so I just whited it out- If someone is interested Ill send more photos

On a side note- I doubt that you were able to get this quality for $15, this is a very well made timepiece and even though it is a rep it is excellent quality. The same one sells on iOffer for $450 and on up to $600 on other sites

My Dad was a watchmaker for Rolex back in London. I emailed him this link and he laughed, and laughed. (Mostly at what he paid for it all.) Poor sap, I wish him luck with that. LOL ;D

ZANE

Well- if your Dad was- then he would have realized how expensive it is to source genuine parts and then modify the watch to accept those. Also- go to Ebay and source out a genuine boxset with papers - costs a few bux! Even the ETA movement will cost around $200.
This is not a watch for everybody, its only because I sometime obsess with perfection that it ended up the way it did. I honestly dont think that many people here would be interested in a watch like this but what the hell- you never know

@abadcaffienetrip-

Yes- I will get those photos up for you a little later on, I have to head out to work right now

ZANE

Here is a shot I just took, time and date to Pacific Standard , its almost 9:30 am

Attachments

• RS1.jpg
    RS1.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 82

ZANE

Here is the back of the watch- this is true to the genuine (no print)

If you go to the Bay and search out "Vintage sub" you should find a few of the genuine articles for reference, you can see that I have gone to great lengths in my mods on this.

Attachments

• RS2.jpg
    RS2.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 81
ZANE said:
Well- if your Dad was- then he would have realized how expensive it is to source genuine parts and then modify the watch to accept those. Also- go to Ebay and source out a genuine boxset with papers - costs a few bux! Even the ETA movement will cost around $200.
This is not a watch for everybody, its only because I sometime obsess with perfection that it ended up the way it did. I honestly dont think that many people here would be interested in a watch like this but what the hell- you never know

He most certainly was and although he's retired now, he still fixes the odd one for collectors. His basic question was "why?" If someone has a real Rolex box and papers then there should be a real Rolex in there. Anything less is counterfeit. I don't care how perfectionist you are, it's either real or it isn't. Why would anyone other than a poseur buy such a thing? Knock-off Rolexes are a dime a dozen.

Now, I can understand you upgrading this clone as a hobby and having pride in your work. Good on you if you've managed to get a decent movement in there, but by selling it with a Genuine box and materials it appears that you're misrepresenting it, even though in this forum you are at least being truthful about what you've done. My dad has seen quite a few Rolex clones that were sent to him for repair. He actually has to videotape the process of unwrapping the package and himself taking pictures of the inside movement because he was accused once of swapping out the "real" movement and replacing it with the fake that the client was outraged to learn was in his supposedly genuine Perpetual Oyster. The only reason the genuine boxes are for sale on eBay is because con men know it can close the sale of a fake, IMO.

Anyway, I'm not calling you a liar or anything. As long as you can provide pix of the movement and other evidence, then at least anyone looking to purchase it knows exactly what they are getting. I just think that selling the "genuine" box & papers gives the impression you're not to be trusted. You'd probably be better to sell those in the same marketplace you bought them, for whatever purpose.

CC

ZANE

I think you are assuming that I have a genuine Rolex movement in there- on the contrary, its an ETA movement and is the same as used by other High End watch companies. ETA's are fairly common but can be expensive as they are a very high quality movement.
To source a genuine Rolex 1560 movement for this watch would cost between $1500-$2000- I think that is going a little far!

As for trying to misrepresent anything- Im pretty sure I said that these watches are replicas and that one has been modified with genuine PARTS

Yes- there are posers, and then there are guys like me that get into a hobby and run with it to the extreme sometimes to produce what they feel is perfection. I think Submariners are timeless classics, but to spend that much money was pointless when I could build the same thing (or very close) for much less.

Is that not why you would build your own pointers?

I've done a little research and there does seem to be a huge community of replica watch fanciers, of which I assume you are a member. It seems to be a hobby as diverse as this one here, so I now understand your motivations a bit more. For those who wish a bit more info on this hobby, here are some links to guides and forums in that realm: http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/ & http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum/index.php

I will admit to a distinct bias due to my father's influence, so replicas are of no interest to me, however it's obvious that there are many who share your passion. You may find a trader here who shares yours as well. Good luck.

CC

ZANE

I know of those boards but you wont find me on them- This is just something I do for a hobby. I will say that I use numerous of those types of forums for information and current dealer contacts- but Im usually a lurker. Thankyou for the kind words- and, I didn't mean to imply that your father isn't who you say he was so please dont take offence.

Here is a photo of the watch with the back removed- exposing the movement so that you can plainly see it is Swiss.

I am open to offers, but have been looking for a nice high-powered greenie- Let me know what you have

Regards

Attachments

• RS3.JPG
    RS3.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 80

ZANE

Well- I have laid out the respectful values, but I am more interested in a trade for a quality handheld unit (prefer green but I would definitely consider others).
Alternatively- I would also be interested in getting myself some diodes and other parts for future projects and current ones on the go.

I have just become bored with watches, and although I will keep a few- most of them are being traded off to persue other passions.

Regards

BTW- I must mention that the aging on the Rolex was intentional to give it a more genuine feel since these haven't been produced since the late '70s, I felt this added to its provinence.

ZANE

Alright- this is a package deal

If someone wants to make me an offer on this feel free, Id really like to get a nice handheld greenie