Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for a special lense or head for my laser..

Malav

I saw all these cool time tunnel laser videos where the laser is being reflected off of a piece of glass on a fan causing this tunnel like effect. Anyone know where i can buy lenses for my laser in circles and other various shapes for pretty cheap?? Also would the circle lense have the same cool affect?

Fiddy

Couldn't help but notice you didn't mention what your laser is...

try O-like they have different lenses, I'm not if they have the one your looking for but it's a place to start.

Just put a chunk of mirror on a computer fan and power it. Make sure it is set up to not blind you though, so test it with something low powered. Fog helps a bit.

A circle cap will have roughly the same effect, yes. But it's grainy and foggy while the mirror method is solid and crisp.

You could use one of these little lenses:
Circle lens kit for 12x30mm AixiZ modules, AixiZ

A mirror on a fan would, as Cyparagon said, would be crisper if size and portability isn't a factor.

It would also be pertinent information to post what laser you have that you want to do this with.

Last edited:

Elyas

Get a computer fan or a DC motor, and mount a mirror on an angle, turn the motor on and vallah! u have your tunnel, u could have another motor and get a lot of different shape! will upload the image in a few minutes! ;)

I have a 110v c-frame motor I pulled out of an old freezer, when my mirrors arrive I'm building a time tunnel and liquid sky projector I've wired the motor with switches and shaved a plastic fan blade down to the hub. Should keep it balanced shaft wobble kills motors.

Edit: 1500 rpm's is too much for the liquid sky, works fine for the time tunnel. Time to try a variable speed motor.

Last edited:
Where to get mirrors that are small squares about 1cm by 1 cm?

I have larger front surface mirrors (1.5" and 2")

which work well on DC computer fans.

mirror.jpg

They are $2.95 each (min. of 2) prepaid.

LarryDFW

Last edited:
I would goto your local craft store where women buy knitting stuff and glitter, I was in one and they have a LOT of varieties of mirrors including ROUND ones, unfortunately they are rear surface coated.. You may be able to wash away (Acetone works I have read) the protective coating on the back to expose just the reflective coating - turning it into a front surfaced mirror.
a rear surfaced mirror will work for your intentions but will give you a double line/reflection because of the laser hitting the glass before the coating

@Ciaran

What does that have to do with this thread? Looks a lot like spam to me bro.