Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

looking for a scuba diving laser under £100!!!!!!!

Hi
Im looking for a green scuba diving laser under £100.
It has to be atleast 40 metres waterproof.
Can anyone help me please. :anyone:
:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

Hi
Im looking for a green scuba diving laser under £100.
It has to be atleast 40 metres waterproof.
Can anyone help me please. :anyone:
:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:
hmmmm... well my dive shop sells them but they're not listed on the website. (they do exist) I would recommend calling different dive stores and asking. To be honest though when I dive and I want some one to look at something, I signal them and tell them to look with hand signals and then I usually point my dive light at it. Most people use their dive lights to indicate direction and/or something of interest also to bring color to an area, because the deeper you go the less color you see. There's not really much of a need for a laser that can go 40m. But like I said they do exist. They're more commonly used in commercial diving to point out welding places and precise damage points, rather than in recreational diving. So try calling some commercial diver suppliers.

Good luck man!

Last edited:

Asherz

www.rayfoss.com

5m, probably not deep enough for use in proper diving of any kinds but it's a start.

Good advice above though, try ringing some local dive shops etc, I'm not aware of any lasers in the hobby community that goes much deeper than the one above.

Gl, hope you find something.

do any of you know commercial diving shops? and their tel. numbers.
Also connorD what kind of diving lasers do you sell?

do any of you know commercial diving shops? and their tel. numbers.
Also connorD what kind of diving lasers do you sell?
Green Scuba Laser Pointer <--- that might be what your looking for (Waterproof to 90 meters). They're kinda what my local shop sells, a little different. But hey its in the price range your looking for. I don't know about the companies reputation though.
The commercial dive stores around here are all attaches to commercial diving schools and they sell a lot of under water welding supplies and dry suits and stuff. Mostly SUPER Bright dive lights that wont even turn on unless they're in water.
The usual dive store will carry a red laser sometimes but its kinda hard to find green thats water proof. Do some searching online and see what you can get a hold of.

I hope this helps viliussk, Good Luck! :beer:

I think that Z-Bolt one is pretty good its got a nice 1 year warranty and water proof up to 200ft. Not too bad of finds. Honestly for under water though you will not need anything to be more powerful than 5mW. The first reason is because anything more powerful than 5mW can do damage to marine life or eye damage to yourself or your buddy. The second reason is that underwater a green 5mW beam will be completely solid and there's no need for anything brighter. The third reason is a 5mW green laser isn't illegal to have in most countries.

yh i really like the z-bolt one but i dont really know how to get it it says
We accept product Purchase Orders from the U.S Defense Dept. / U.S. Armed Services and approved Defense Contractors and Distributors. Please include contact name and e-mail address with faxed PO Documents; e-mailed PO's in Word or Adobe .pdf format.

Please Fax Purchase Orders to : (603) 309 - 6020
E-Mail Purchase Order Documents
Billing Address:

HC Distribution
Attn: Karen Mueller
20049 SW 112th Ave
Tualatin, Oregon, 97062, US

You have to fax or email them a purchase order. Its not that hard to do. you can download templates for it. Do some google searching. haha it's kinda funny their address is about a 3-5 hour drive from where I live :p

But they only accept orders from U.S Defense Dept. / U.S. Armed Services and approved Defense Contractors and Distributors :thinking::thinking:
"We accept product Purchase Orders from the U.S Defense Dept. / U.S. Armed Services and approved Defense Contractors and Distributors. Please include contact name and e-mail address with faxed PO Documents; e-mailed PO's in Word or Adobe .pdf format."

But they only accept orders from U.S Defense Dept. / U.S. Armed Services and approved Defense Contractors and Distributors :thinking::thinking:
"We accept product Purchase Orders from the U.S Defense Dept. / U.S. Armed Services and approved Defense Contractors and Distributors. Please include contact name and e-mail address with faxed PO Documents; e-mailed PO's in Word or Adobe .pdf format."
No they accept PO's from everyone, but what they're saying is that they will accept a government purchase order. Meaning the government will pay for it for soldiers / cops / security and not one single person will be charged. So you can still buy it. Does that make sence?

Aizen

Just out of idle curiosity, could a powerful laser (as in, modern pointer/handheld powerful) blind a shark underwater?