Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Looking for a good old american laser seller in the USA.

KenSoggs

Are there any good USA based american companies that sell lasers or laser supplies?

I am shopping for a complete laser, or maybe some parts to build my own.

The biggest hurdle i have come across so far is the fact that it seems like all the laser suppliers are overseas. I have NEVER had any luck buying anything from china or japan. I have even been screwed ordering from canada!!!

I have read about all the reports of some of these guys taking months for delivery. I cant handle that.

I was hoping that someone here in the USA sold some cool stuff. I live in ohio, so a vendor in new york, or anywhere in the north east would be amazing. But at this point i would be happy with anyone in the continental USA.

I am even fine building my own, but just need some suppliers of parts, and maybe a lil info and guidance.

Heck, i am even willing to consider used parts, if any local americans had anything for sale... I just have no interest in paying $100+ and then waiting more than a week (let alone a month+)

please let me know where i can find lasers in this country. i know someone has to sell them!!!

TuhOz

You can buy parts from e.g modwerx, which is in America(?)

rocket689

Cajunlasers, Modwerx, Hightechdealz, Laser66, and Laser surplus parts are just a few websites to buy building supplies.
You can also buy supplies from members here on the forum. ;)

Edit: Oh yea, here is DTR's sales page (highly recommend) https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home

Last edited:

sopark4000

It is illegal to sell hand held lasers over 5mW in the US which is why all you're seeing is companies outside the US.

aryntha

Optotronics is here in Colorado, the owner frequents LPF. I've had a good experience with my RPLB-25 from him.

Last edited:

sopark4000

I would highly recommend survival lasers. I have dealt with them and there builds are top notch, they have good customer service and good shipping.

cheech226

the most bang for the buck - in 445nm at least - is buying one of moh's black friday c-6 hosts With driver for $25. he has a lot of options for mA settings. get a m140 445nm diode with leads and lens for $63 from dtr. all you have to do is solder the driver leads to the diode leads, add two cr123a's and you have a 1W+ 445nm laser in a great host for $88 and a bit of shipping plus 15 minutes of your time in assembly.

Last edited:

rocket689

This is great! I didn't know there were so many US-laser-selling options. :)