Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

looking for a 635nm red

DJNY

I was fascinated by the pics taken by a LPF member with his "Orion HV Series 635nm Red Handheld Laser". I also want something like that but can´t pay something like 1000 $. Are there any cheaper red pointers around with equal visibility? Burning abilities are not important. THX

daguin

I haven't surveyed the market for awhile, but high-powered, hand-held 635nm lasers are pretty rare and expensive. High powered 635nm had to be DPSS. Similar outputs could be made with diodes at 660nm. Most people were not willing to pay a higher price for what would still just be a "red" laser. 635nm is "more orangeish" than 660nm, but it is still red. 635nm is still a long way from 611nm.

High powered 635nm lasers are still expensive.

Peace,
dave

conrad

+1 for the Atlasnova 635nm. I own one and while it's not the brightest ever, it is a unique color, orange-ish red, like daguin said.. It's a really good build quality. The beam is not visible without smoke. For $24 you really can't go wrong, and Arnold over there is a really nice guy, easy to deal with.

Last edited:

DJNY

Thank you guys. Seemed to be difficult to get happy without investing hundreds of $$$... Isn´t there something between the Orion and the Atlasnova? I want to be able to see the beam without using fog. Is this possible when I´m able to invest about 150-200$? Or should I´ve to wait till they get cheaper...? Damn! I want a blue and a orange-red laser!!:cryyy:

daguin

Thank you guys. Seemed to be difficult to get happy without investing hundreds of $$$... Isn´t there something between the Orion and the Atlasnova? I want to be able to see the beam without using fog. Is this possible when I´m able to invest about 150-200$? Or should I´ve to wait till they get cheaper...? Damn! I want a blue and a orange-red laser!!:cryyy:

Re-read post #3

Or you could get a 635nm 9mm diode and build your own. However, it will be multi-mode and difficult to focus.

There are plenty of them in Labby style.

Peace,
dave

Benm

If you are just looking for 635 with low power, aixiz has decent deals once in a while too - keep an eye on their ebay listing. They sell 10 mW 635 modules for something like $20-$30 shipped.

When you look at them side by side with a 650 nm 10 mW, they do appear brighter, though i would not say they are orange in color at all... just red, but brighter per mW.

There are no 635nm pointers produced that are of powers and prices between the atlasnova and the Orian. Also Heurusciences is out of the 9mm 635nm diodes.

Re-read post #3

Or you could get a 635nm 9mm diode and build your own. However, it will be multi-mode and difficult to focus.

There are plenty of them in Labby style.

Peace,
dave

But a fac would make the optics easier?

DJNY

What about this one --> klick

I doupt that anyone own this!?

Edit: Link should work now

Last edited:
I also have the 5mW 635nm laser from ATLASNOVA. It's a nice little laser for $24.00 to get that "RARE" color. rob