Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for a 200MW + red

I am looking for a 200mw or better red laser, I already have a 75mw gren from wicked.
If anytone has one for sale or trade for a good camcorder I have 2 and would trade one.
I have a JVC GZ-MG37u -this one uses no tapes but has a hard drive inside.
I also have a GR-d372u whice uses  a mni dv tape.
Both are new, I recieved them for christmas and I already had a nice sony that I am used to and like so I am happy with it.
I can also trade Fireworks to anyone in the East Tennessee area.
I have a small fireworks place as a hobby.

send me an email @ jeffwilson34@hotmail.com if you are interested.

Reactions: ARG

if you want to buy one then these sites sell them cheaper than ebay (the glowtorch ones)
trademe.co.nz/Electronics-photography/Other-electronics/Laser-pointers/auction-86153811.htm (add a www in front of it)
and
ledbulbs.co.nz/product_info.php/products_id/73?osCsid=e3773be1d696b4c2a76e3f8c202732c7 (add a htp:// in front)
they are both 200mw reds.

Reactions: ARG
S

SenKat

I really like the focusable optics on the Glowtorch....very sweet thing there - fucs for far away, or up close ! NOT sure if the others have that or not....also, shipping costs could vary greatly depending on where you live....Glowtorch is a little slow to ship
(the whole lack of patience thing on my part !), but the laser is amazing !

S

SenKat

Yes ! :cool: It has a click on- click off tail switch, so no tie straps needed to keep it on for stuff....I will be posting some pics and vids soon of it in action....

ive just ordered one aswell :D so it should be here in a few days i need to find some cheap batteries $17 for 2 at supermarkets what an outrage! ill have to ring around and find some cheapies :cool: ill post pics as soon as i get it.
(it is focusable just like the glowtourch)

S

SenKat

Where did you get it from ? Post a link, man - not fair keeping everyone in suspense like that !! :cool: Check Ebay for great prices on lithiums....IF it is the same model as the Glowtorch, it should be able to handle the rechargeable lithiums....at least that is what the vendor told me - I have not tried it yet !

i bought it from the second link i posted
(they are the same seller but the first one sells for cheaper but you have to sign up for trademe and the second one is easier to use with a shopping cart ect.)
i might get some rechargeables but the seller told me that i am at risk of blowing the diode :'( if i can find some with the same voltage and protection against higher voltages then ill get some.

i just got it today!!!! :D
its in the deep red part of the spectrum 660-670nm and only seems as bright as a 5-10mw green, the beam it about 8mm in diameter but the divergence is very good probably under 0.5 mrad.
ill post some pictures soon and some beamshots at night

Cool - I just recently figured out how to burn matches with mine - focusing it is key as many others explained to me. (Since I smoke I used the cigarette smoke to find the narrowest part of the beam - at my focus that was about 5 feet away...)

here it is next to a green laser with a divergence of 1.8mrad (the red laser is about 0.5mrad)

Attachments

• 100_2013.JPG
    100_2013.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 122
heres a shot showing the beams in daylight (the camera could not pick up the red as much)

Attachments

• 100_2017.JPG
    100_2017.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 94
stevetexas said:
Cool - I just recently figured out how to burn matches with mine - focusing it is key as many others explained to me.  (Since I smoke I used the cigarette smoke to find the narrowest part of the beam - at my focus that was about 5 feet away...)
i havent been able to find the point of focus on mine ive been using a peice of black paper (maybe ill need to take up smoking to find the focus ;D) but i have put an external lens on it and it is very powerfull when focused it lights RED matches in <1 second where my green laser takes about 3-15 seconds on a red match.

This is the same laser I have - adjust the focus visually to the smallest point you can get at a range of about 5-10 feet or so. That will be close to the focus point. From there you can burn something (don't start smoking please...) close to the beam and see where it appears smallest. Try to light the match at that point.

You should probably post in the red lasers section so people will see it...