Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for 635 nm diodes

I just want to know where can I find 635 nm (bright red) laser diodes for my future RGV setup?
aren't they much more expensive than 650-660 nm ones?
Will i have better white balance if i get 635 nm red instead of 660 nm red in RGV?

Last edited:

daguin

hi guys! haven't seen you for a long time.

I just want to know where can I find some 635 nm (bright red) laser diodes for my future RGV setup?
In some dvd-drives maybe (in which)? or in shops only? aren't they much more expensive than 650-660 nm ones?
Will i have better white balance if i get 635 nm red instead of 660 nm red in my future RGV setup?

So, I'm waiting for your answers...

It's not really clear what output you are looking for, but in "diodes" you are probably going to be disappointed. Higher powered 635nm diodes are mostly multimode C-mounts. If you want to use 635 in a RGV you are probably going to want to go with a DPSS labby type.

Peace,
dave

daguin

You can find 150mw 5.6mm 635nm diodes on photonlexicon!

Single mode? 150mW is not really much red for a scanner, but definintely a step in the right direction.

Peace,
dave

Last edited:
It's not really clear what output you are looking for, but in "diodes" you are probably going to be disappointed

If you want to use 635 in a RGV you are probably going to want to go with a DPSS labby type.

Peace,
dave
well, i need the same brightness level of red as of 50 mw green
so how much milliwatts of 635 nm red should I have?

Search for "chroma" on PL. It is a program used to balance colors to get a good white balance and takes in account wavelength and power.

Your not going to find a singlemode 635 at a decent enough power to balance to 50mW green. I found 150mW 642nm diodes but i paid $120 EACH for them.

Last edited:

ZRTMWA

I've seen 250mW (manufacturer rating, not laser enthuiast rating) 640nm diodes but they are multi mode.

Yes you must contact Opnext, there was a group buy on PL but it has since been closed. I just purchase 2 of these diodes and plan on implementing them into a scanner soon. I picked up the last a forum member had on them so I don't know how much they would be from the manufacturer. I do know they were $99 in the group buy. So i would expect to pay quite a bit more buying individually.

ZRTMWA

The diodes I earlier reffered to were Opnext as well I believe.