Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for 1W blue laser. Any recommendation?

Hey guys after my recent purchase of the 50mW ebay green laser module I decided to jump into more powerful 1W blue laser.

Anyonw knows where can I get a good 1W blue laser? I have $150 to spend :san:

Welcome!

$150 might not be enough, well, it won't be enough. You'll need a little bit more.

First: You'll need these.

After you buy those, and protect the two things that make you see, you can buy the laser. You can get a "Just add diode" kit from Mohgasm.com and buy a diode from DTR, or take a look at Lazerer for a 1W blue laser.

You MUST get laser goggles for that power, a reflection in the eyes WILL cause eye damage, and probably blind you!

Welcome!

$150 might not be enough, well, it won't be enough. You'll need a little bit more.

First: You'll need these.

After you buy those, and protect the two things that make you see, you can buy the laser. You can get a "Just add diode" kit from Mohgasm.com and buy a diode from DTR, or take a look at Lazerer for a 1W blue laser.

You MUST get laser goggles for that power, a reflection in the eyes WILL cause eye damage, and probably blind you!

Thanks and yes I do have a cheap ebay goggles and I always aware of the safety. I am not going to build my own blue laser since I have already kill 6 red diodes without any luck for my 650nm project :D

I will take a look at the above web site. Thanks

Thanks and yes I do have a cheap ebay goggles and I always aware of the safety. I am not going to build my own blue laser since I have already kill 6 red diodes without any luck for my 650nm project :D

I will take a look at the above web site. Thanks

Cheap eBay goggles won't be good enough, and if you take a direct hit, it won't do anything.

Can you please post a link? If you really don't want to fork out that much money, look at Radiantshades from Radiantelectronics.com

Cheap eBay goggles won't be good enough, and if you take a direct hit, it won't do anything.

Can you please post a link? If you really don't want to fork out that much money, look at Radiantshades from Radiantelectronics.com

Opps I lost the link but it look exactly the same with this one except it don't come with the case.

Beginner Safety Goggles for 532nm / 445nm Laser

I don't knows if it will give enough protection for 1W 445nm but it work just fine with my 50mW greenie. I'll go with the eagle pair then.

Should I get a 400~500mW violet laser first? It seem eagle pair will give the protection for 405nm laser as well.

Opps I lost the link but it look exactly the same with this one except it don't come with the case.

Beginner Safety Goggles for 532nm / 445nm Laser

I don't knows if it will give enough protection for 1W 445nm but it work just fine with my 50mW greenie. I'll go with the eagle pair then.

Should I get a 400~500mW violet laser first? It seem eagle pair will give the protection for 405nm laser as well.

Those goggles aren't the best, and a direct him from a 1W laser will probably go through them, your best to buy a good pair of goggles.

You can get a 405nm or a 445nm if you want, just depends on what colour you like the most, although 405nm is less visible than 445nm.

Those goggles aren't the best, and a direct him from a 1W laser will probably go through them, your best to buy a good pair of goggles.

You can get a 405nm or a 445nm if you want, just depends on what colour you like the most, although 405nm is less visible than 445nm.

I don't care about the visibiliy since I use my laser mainly for burning. And I am sure a 400~500mW will do :evil:

If I take a violet laser instead I will have more money to spend on a better goggles.

I don't care about the visibiliy since I use my laser mainly for burning. And I am sure a 400~500mW will do :evil:

If I take a violet laser instead I will have more money to spend on a better goggles.

Good thinking! If you want to burn stuff, 500mW will be enough, even 250mW will be enough.

If you wanted it for burning and nothing else, even a 200mW red laser would do it, and it would be a bit cheaper.

Take a look at this and this.

Hope I've helped!

DrSid

Anyway, best 1W lasers can be bought here in sales section of the forums. Builds or DIY sets from users here is the best you can get. Most of the serial Chinese stuff is shit.

Thanks for your recommendation I decided to order a violet laser. I have already brought a laserbee LPM from my friend so I really don't have too much to spend this month.

While I agree with you in PRINCIPLE, I don't really believe a 1Watt laser would "go right through them."

Do a search on safety goggle testing here on the forum and you can see some tests of cheap goggles.

I tested a pretty crappy pair tonight http://laserpointerforums.com/f53/safety-goggle-test-bynovel-laser-glasses-amazon-72564.html and even they wouldn't let a 1 watt blue "go right through them."

Like I said, I agree that there are better goggles out there, but I do think we should be careful not to post hysterical exaggerations of what would happen.

:yh:

It won't go through your cheap laser goggles, but it might render that spot unprotected for future uses.

It won't go through your cheap laser goggles, but it might render that spot unprotected for future uses.

Probably after several hits from what I've seen, but I agree that repeated damage might render an area ineffective.

Hopefully goggles aren't getting TOO MANY direct hits though!

some cheapies will that shot was a 800mw 445nm and some rayfoss cheapies. Not want I want to hit me in the eye, and I had to swap cams with my backup as the one I used in this test has a grey spot in the middle now :p

looks pretty though lol

Attachments

• goggle fail.jpg
    goggle fail.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 90
Last edited: