Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for 1W Blue (450nm) handheld laser

Hey guys, this is my first thread/post here, so go easy on me XD (I just checked that this is actually my second one, but the first one was a long time ago and I totally forgot that I made it lol)

So, I'm interested in buying a 1W 445/450nm laser pointer, but money is an issue. I found some sites that have amazing offers and I'd like the opinion/advice from some more experienced people. I've heard that buying laser pointers from eBay isn't a good idea, but what about this?

2000mW 450nm Blue Laser Pointer Pen Match Cigaret Military Light Beam Burn | eBay

Is this fake or something? Its price is almost unbelievable.

I also found this as well:
Cubote One 450nm 1000mw Blue Laser Pointer With Focusing Function Can Burn Cigarettes (Silver)

Has anyone ever bought something from this website? Is it reliable/legit?

My third alternative is Sci-Fi lasers, but it's more expensive:
SF501B 445nm Blue

What do you guys think? Are the first 2 sites reliable and legit? Would you suggest anything different? Thanks :)

Last edited:

ARG

I moved this thread to 445nm lasers. Laser related questions to not belong in rules and stickies.

Last edited:

USAbro

First laser is crap. Probably some piece of junk. I wouldn't trust the second either. The third I don't know but the company I've heard a little neg about. I could have the brand wrong, it was an eBay seller named Sci fi lasers.

Try this one. I just bought it and there is a review here on the forum and it's about 1.3 watt all though the diode is stamped with 1.6 watt.

High Power 445nm Focus Visible Blue Beam Laser Pointer Pen Boxset with 5 Caps | eBay

Last edited:
USAbro,what "neg" have you heard about SciFi lasers?

I don't know anything about the first laser you posted. Someone else could probably weigh in on that one.

As for Cubote,they've sent out legit lasers but they don't take PayPal anymore so I personally wouldn't trust it unless they accept CC or PayPal again.

And Sci-Fi Lasers belongs to a member here. He's a great guy and I can personally vouch for his top notch products and customer service.

There are also other members around here who have some really good deals.

USAbro, thanks for the link, I'll check it out :) As far as Sci-Fi lasers go, I've heard that It's one of the best websites to by laser pointers from. I've talked to the guy who owns it and he seems pretty reliable as well

Thanks skeet157 :) Do you think that I should go for the second one? You've said that it sent legit lasers and it's more than 30 bucks cheaper than the one in Sci-Fi lasers

3Pig

Sci-Fi lasers is a great store, way ahead of your other suggestions. It is run by a reputable forum member and the lasers you get will actually do what they claim. (This is based off feedback from other members, I've never bought from there)

I think bro was associating negative rep with cubote, as he was posting spammy ads on the forum not too long ago.

USAbro

Maybe the Sci-Fi lasers I remember is different. The one I remember was an eBay sellers store name and he had horrible customer service.

Edit: Check my last post I changed it to agree properly.

Last edited:

Sta

Sci-Fi Lasers is the way to go. The price is very reasonable. You will lose whatever you spend on ePay and Cubote junk. Plus, you're supporting a member of the forum. :)

USAbro

Sci-Fi Lasers is the way to go. The price is very reasonable. You will lose whatever you spend on ePay and Cubote junk. Plus, you're supporting a member of the forum. :)

All lasers on eBay are NOT junk! I have posted a link of a laser I just bought on eBay with a very positive experience.

Last edited:

Sta

All lasers on eBay are NOT junk! I have posted a link of a laser I just bought on eBay with a very positive experience.
The fact that some lasers on eBay are good, does not mean that all are. I bought the same model laser as the one linked to by the thread author and it broke within months, forcing me to buy a new one which "semi-broke". I have also bought lasers from eBay that broke within weeks. That kind of quality is not acceptable.

Last edited:

USAbro

agreed but cheap eBay is good for the cheap 301's and overspec type.