Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Look what i found on the street

I found this thing laying on by the sidewalk, outside my house. it just caught my attention cause it was shiny so i took it home... and of course i decided to shine my laser through it and to my surprise, it acted as one of those liquid sky things! here are some pics, i also found out that it doesnt only refract, but also reflects so it created a 360 degree liquid sky. pretty cool cause it was free! lol :D. just thought id share my luck

Attachments

• IMG_0391.JPG
    IMG_0391.JPG
    10.7 KB · Views: 101

. i got a crapy camera, so sorry for the fussyness... and that bright spot doesnt show in real life

Attachments

• IMG_0399.JPG
    IMG_0399.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 82

Switch

It's like a mini fresnel or something.Looks like something that would be used for some sort of screen. :-/
The bright spot in the picture is a reflection off the shiny surface of the table (or whatever it is).From that point it reflected directly into the camera.

Switch said:
It's like a mini fresnel or something.Looks like something that would be used for some sort of screen. :-/
The bright spot in the picture is a reflection off the shiny surface of the table (or whatever it is).From that point it reflected directly into the camera.

no, its not a fresnel, but it does look like it goes on a screen, looks like one of those privacy screens used on computers but idk why they would make one for a cellphone... and it has no holographic design either so idk

I have one of those!!! I got it from my old cellphone I took apart. I think it was a Moterola Razr. I think they are polarizing films for the screen. They are coo!!!

-Tony

Xplorer877 said:
I have one of those!!! I got it from my old cellphone I took apart. I think it was a Moterola Razr. I think they are polarizing films for the screen. They are coo!!!

-Tony

hahaha, yeah the razrs sucked at that, i have an old one, but i cant try it because the screen fell out a while ago lol.

diachi

Switch said:

it is something that is used in a screen ;) You can get them out of Laptop screens and such :)