Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LOL Laser - Balloons Inside Balloon Popping with Bloopers - Fail! :-D

So after my 'Laser Triple Play' video I decided to deepen the 'balloons inside of a balloon' motif and made the following video featuring 5 balloons.
I was a bit disappointed by the Triple Play video as it did not come across as 'lasery' enough. I made an effort to draw out the laser aspect of what was happening in this latest video here:

I included a couple of humorous out takes (bloopers) at the end to increase the funny factor.

Here is the HD version and Twitter/Facebook/Etc. link: http://d.ro/lol-laser

Also in the mean time on a related note I made the following humorous unboxing video about this awesome electric balloon pump I procured: http://d.ro/balloondemo

Hope my fellow laser enthusiasts enjoy these videos! ;)

-Scott

Last edited:

cd520

Re: LOL Laser - Balloon Popping with Bloopers - Fail! :-D

LOL, good stuff. :crackup:

jayrob

I would like to know where you got that momentary side button build? :D

Last edited:

Rafa

445nm or 405nm? Power?

Good video!

wow, PLUS REP because that was nice!
Thank you for the +rep! This video took a bit of prep work so it is cool when folks appreciate it!

LOL, good stuff. :crackup:

Thanks!

I would like to know where you got that momentary side button build? :D

Heh, jayrob admiring one of his babies. Yes, that POP Lite P62 based momentary side-switch laser is jayrob's work. As you can see jayrob, it is working out quite nicely for the video productions I was explaining to you that I wanted to do. One thing I must say though is that I cannot recommend this build in its present configuration! It is too dangerous! Seriously. You were right to counsel me against the momentary switch! Ideally this build should be a bit like your phaser build and have a safety clicker in the tail (or elsewhere) that would need to be engaged prior to operation of the laser. In its current form it cannot just be tossed into one's pocket or a bag, it really needs a holster or some sort of a mechanism to prevent the switch from being activated (or a safety switch as I already mentioned). I will say however that as a video production tool it is working out quite well.
If you're wondering why I have not mentioned you in the video or elsewhere it is because I have gotten the distinct impression that your plate was already overflowing with work. I did actually mention you in my video thread here previously though: http://laserpointerforums.com/f48/burn-paper-inside-balloon-w-laser-yt-video-55882.html#post788630

445nm or 405nm? Power?

Good video!

Thanks for the compliment and the +rep! It is a 445 nm and as is mentioned in the video it is in the 1 Watt neighborhood. Unfortunately I don't currently have a LPM to check its actual optical output but the driver is set to give it about 1 Amp of juice which typically corresponds to 1 Watt of power for these 445 nm diodes.

Thank you as well to Xtrm2Rick for the +rep!

-Scott

Last edited:

this gave me a good laugh, didn't expect that to happen:crackup: great work man

i tought this was just another baloon pop vid.:crackup:

Last edited:

this gave me a good laugh, didn't expect that to happen:crackup: great work man

i tought this was just another baloon pop vid.:crackup:

I know it needs a better title that explains that it is not just another balloon popping video. Any suggestions? I try to make the gist of whatever the video is about into something that is fairly concise, unique, and easy to remember. "LOL Laser" was the best I could come up with corresponding to the content.

It's funny because I cracked up while recording the FAIL featured in the last bit of the video and I crack up even now when I watch it! LOL!

-Scott

perhaps something like "the baloon pops that make you smile:)"

+1 another good video and thumbs up on the safety briefing this time too! I bet the camera was shivering on its tripod when you were waving the beam around it haha.