Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

List of pre-made / DIY Heatsink sources

rhd

I think it would be cool to maintain a list of sources of heatsinks for popular hosts. Just getting into this, I've found the difficulty of sourcing heatsinks to be the biggest impediment to experimentation. You can buy whole kits, but it would be great to track the various stores (and users hear) that sell just heatsinks.

I'll start.

$12.50 Survival Laser heatsink for Aurora C6:
DIY Aluminum Heat Sink

$20.99 Modwerx Lab Style Heatsink
Lab style heatsink for 12mm laser modules - $20.99 : Modwerx Shop

$29.12 HighTechDealZ Aluminum MXDL Heatsink
HighTechDealZ - Aluminum Heat Sink for MXDL

$5.25 A.K.E 120 RC Helicopter Heatsink (12mm)
A.K.E 120 Motor Heat Sink - For 120 Motor HelicopterFly.com RC Model Shop

$20 (Black) HS-1a, Laser Module Heat Sink (contributed by: twhite828)
http://www.greenlasermodules.com/classIIIb-class4-green-laser-module.html
$15 (similar to above, contributed by: madmacmo)
http://innovam.com/en/produit_en.php?nom_fichier_en=HS-12en

$8 - LaserLands Labby Heatsink (contributed by Ash)
http://www.laserlands.net/components-accessories/heat-sink.html

Last edited:

rhd

That black HS really IS cool looking :)

Silly question -

With threads like this that are intended to maintain or compile lists - should I be taking the additional suggestions that gets posted and editing them back into the original post so that there is a singular list at the top of the thread?

Trevor

That black HS really IS cool looking :)

Silly question -

With threads like this that are intended to maintain or compile lists - should I be taking the additional suggestions that gets posted and editing them back into the original post so that there is a singular list at the top of the thread?

Probably so - this way discussion post like this one and yours above don't keep people from seeing the whole list.

-Trevor

I will normally sell heat sinks, though i prefer if people send me the their hosts for a good fit.

and with some, like the blue hotlight, the customer is pretty much jsut paying for the heatsink so you may as well just buy the whole kit. I pay around $0.50 per host on the hotlights.

remember for a heatsink to work properly it must have some mass along with cooling fins. if it doesnt have the mass to absorb the heat to begin with the cooling fins cant do their job. ;)

remember for a heatsink to work properly it must have some mass along with cooling fins. if it doesnt have the mass to absorb the heat to begin with the cooling fins cant do their job. ;)

Not if the fins can disperse the heat faster than the mass can absorb it :beer:

I love heatsink designs, there is so much more to them than you would think