Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

List of Laser Diodes - 06/02/2021

Snecho

Dumb question, this is an entire list of direct diodes right? AKA- Literal diodes you can stuff in a heatsink and they would put out that color?

Encap

That is what it says --
Very nice/good hobbyist listing of commonly available types obviously ---last compiled and updated as of 21/11/2018

If you want a more comprehensive list of all types of laser diodes, 10,000+ diodes see: https://www.laserdiodesource.com/

Practical real world available new diodes with or without modules, drivers, and lenses for hand held lasers see: https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home

Last edited:

Snecho

If you want a more comprehensive list of all types of laser diodes, 10,000+ diodes see:
Holy Hell! How come I've never seen this site mentioned before?
Not to be frank, but what is the point of this thread then? 🤔

Edit: I see now

Last edited:

Encap

Holy Hell! How come I've never seen this site mentioned before?
Not to be frank, but what is the point of this thread then? 🤔

How come you have never Googled "Laser Diodes" nor have done any research on your own/of your own and instead saying this is a dumb question and proceeding ask a dumb question?

The point of this thread is simple. To list as many diodes as possible so people know what is available and how to drive them if known.

laserdiodesource gives a more commercial list however a very helpful list indeed.

Exactly + to have said non-commercial site list of diodes, suitable for use in hand held lasers builds, as a resource on LPF to help LPF members deal with the few out of thousands of diodes that might be of some use in hand held laser builds.
Information useful to members of LPF is why this thread exists + because a member was good enough to take the time and effort necessary to put the list together for the benefit of LPF members, making a contribution to LPF.

Is all extremely obvious to anyone.
My guess is the question was not a thought out and out of boredom just to post something and waste time + not related to any functional real world need or interest in the information i.e. building a hand held laser or an answer.

Last edited:

Snecho

The point of this thread is simple. To list as many diodes as possible so people know what is available and how to drive them if known.

laserdiodesource gives a more commercial list however a very helpful list indeed.
So it's a list for people to look at diodes they can use if they want to build their own handheld laser. Got it!
Thanks Curtis 🙂

jnrpop

Hi Snecho

Yes, as Curtis explained, Its a list of Direct State Laser Diodes in the "can" form factor that we typically use here on LPF. :)

I created this list so members have a quick, easy to use reference to find a Laser Diode with the desired wavelength, and its corresponding Model number, so perhaps the member can search the internet to purchase it.

Hope this list is still useful to members here.

Best regards
J :coffee:

Snecho

Hi Snecho

Yes, as Curtis explained, Its a list of Direct State Laser Diodes in the "can" form factor that we typically use here on LPF. :)

I created this list so members have a quick, easy to use reference to find a Laser Diode with the desired wavelength, and its corresponding Model number, so perhaps the member can search the internet to purchase it.

Best regards
Thank you very much J. That is some useful stuff right there!
If I may, by "can" diode, you mean the general diodes that we use or were you talking about canned vs de-canned diodes specifically?

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Hi Snecho

Best regards
Yep, this guide is very useful. And I have it linked on my website for anyone from outside the forum to look at too. Funny enough, Laser Lab Source Group approached me to add their laser diode source guide on to my site too. So now I have both.

This thread came and was updated while we were getting all the new Sharp direct diode wavelengths that I was measuring for wavelength and binning for many members here. Thanks for the walk down memory lane.

Snecho

Hi Snecho

Best regards
PM sent

Snecho

How come you have never Googled "Laser Diodes" nor have done any research on your own/of your own and instead saying this is a dumb question and proceeding ask a dumb question? LOL

Is all extremely obvious to anyone.
My guess is the question was not a thought out and out of boredom just to post something and waste time + not related to any functional real world need or interest in the information i.e. building a hand held laser or an answer.
Not only are you putting words in my mouth, you are assuming I did no research beforehand. And you know what they say about assuming...

And yes, the reason I asked about handheld laser diodes is because I had no intention to use them in handheld lasers...
LOL

My guess is you're the most successful "troll" I've ever seen or maybe some who is so bored with life, he can only get enjoyment by waiting at a computer all day to insult and slander people that have less experience than the mighty Encap himself. Explains the private profile, no avatar, no intro, and no location. Sorry if my guess is wrong, but according to you, it is second nature to call someone a troll. 🙂

Live and let live.

Last edited:

Snecho

Sir, you have come into this forum with a very rude screw you attitude towards members who have been here for years and well respected.
What made you say that? My polite and respectful demeanor toward every single person I have communicated with that didn't outright insult me? This is includes you.

Oh sure, call me a troll. That everyone's answer to everything is seems. It's the easiest way out. Check my IP if you want.
I have been nothing but courteous to every single person I've talked to. I assume why this is why new people feel threatened.

"We have a new handful of trolls who need to be dumped again." I assume you tell everyone that joins this friendly welcome?

Good day to you too sir! Hmph.

If you or anyone have any further personal agendas against me, feel free to PM me as to not further ruin this otherwise very helpful and useful thread.

Last edited:
Don’t forget to put members on “ignore” if you are having a problem with them. Lately we’ve been getting flooded with reports towards other members and how they feel threatened. :)

-Alex

Snecho

I put Irish on ignore and now this guy, probably the same troll, 3D. Banning these guys only results in their coming back, I wish we had a global ignore moderators could implement, or after so many people put someone on ignore, they are automatically globally ignored.
^^^Very hurtful. Unfortunately, some people are so enveloped in lies they tell themselves, they fail to see reality.

*facepalm*

Last edited: