Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

List of Laser Diodes - 06/02/2021

Encap

Sir, you have come into this forum with a very rude screw you attitude towards members who have been here for years and well respected. Maybe that doesn't mean much to you, but it does to me. You are not making this forum a better place with this ID or the others I believe you are likely using too, bug off.

We have a new handful of trolls who need to be dumped again.
Part of my post was just a response to his post # 131 words from his mouth not mine nor questioning why he was looking at information about laser diode maybe a little bit sharp but he did say:
"Holy Hell! How come I've never seen this site mentioned before?
Not to be frank, but what is the point of this thread then? "

The remaining part was responding to Curtis, agreeing with and backing up, and reiterating and explaining the purpose of the thread.
As I said before in post #133: "Exactly + to have said non-commercial site list of diodes, suitable for use in hand held lasers builds, as a resource on LPF to help LPF members deal with the few out of thousands of diodes that might be of some use in hand held laser builds.
Information useful to members of LPF is why this thread exists + because a member was good enough to take the time and effort necessary to put the list together for the benefit of LPF members, making a contribution to LPF.
Is all extremely obvious to anyone.
My guess is the question was not a thought out and out of boredom just to post something and waste time + not related to any functional real world need or interest in the information i.e. building a hand held laser or an answer. "

While I thought it impossible for anyone to ask " then what is the point of this thread?"if they gave it any thought at all in response to giving a non-LPF link to a commercial listing of 10,000+ diodes to be helpful, maybe it is possible someone could not fathom the purpose of the thread--who knows--go figure?

If you or anyone have any further .... as to not further ruin this otherwise very helpful and useful thread.
25 post 18 day member, King of LPF.
Try applying that to yourself.
LPF is not Facebook or some other lame social media "look at me, look at me" babysitting forum to spoon feed answers to people who don't, at least, ask partially thought out questions and "then what is the point of this thread? " is not one of them, as I mentioned in my post #133.
LPF is not a social media chit chat forum for people who crave attention or have whatever problems and/or don't even make an effort to avoid posting "dumb questions" and comments.

LPF is about lasers, the point of the thread and LPF is still not and never will be, fortunately, you.
Is not the purpose of LPF nor the reason it exists, as mentioned.

Last edited:

zahara

Where to buy these laser diodes?

Especially, where I can buy Nichia NDV4632 405nm 250mw laser diode? New NDV4632 ? we need 10,000 pcs.

Really, 3D I expect. Who would come to a hobbyist forum asking where to buy ten thousand diodes made by NICHIA.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Exactly, if you are in a position to be able to purchase 10,000 pcs., I would think you could find a reputable source on your own. :unsure:

The Christmas and New Year troll is creating new member ID's again and posting BS. This is what happens when you eat too much pasta and don't get your plum pudding, you have nothing better to do than fart posts like this.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hey, maybe we can hook him up with our "Keto" diet guy and eliminate his pasta problems. 🤣 Kill two birds with one stone!

Sorry for the thread derailment, back to list of laser diodes.

Hi everyone, about that time again for some tlc; ;)

Updates:
520nm Spectrum updated and organised, thanks to DTR`s info
638nm Spectrum updated
New Sharp 450nm 1650mW GH04C01A2G diode
New Sony 405nm 350mw GH04W10A2GC diode that some members are pushing to 1W+
New Nichia 455nm 4.75W NUBM0AT Diode
New Mitsubishi 638nm 2.5W ML562H84 Diode (the H84) with a NEW incorporated lens design

Cheers :coffee:

Few more Sharp multimode diodes!

Φ9mm Can Models:

3500mW 455nm GH04C03A9G
5000mW 455nm GH04C05A9G

1000mW 520nm GH05C01A9G
2100mW 638nm GH06C02A9G
2500mW 638nm GH06C02B9G

More @ Sharp Japan site >>

kecked

So how does that work? They use a lens to focus the ring to a single point? Must require cooling I would think for both the lens and diode array.

go to Ytube
search styropyro== he has the BIG 'GUNS' BUT never try at ho.me

jnrpop

Nichia has once again stepped up! They just released a series of new 9mm diodes, including a 2W 488nm diode and a 1.5W 525nm diode, and a new single mode 180mW 515nm 5.6mm diode :love:

Head over to there site for more info (y)

Ive updated the list of Diodes with all the Diodes mentioned here by members, and Nichias latest release.
Just need to convert it into jpegs and attach to the OP.

J:coffee:

EDIT: updated OP

Last edited:

Snecho

Nichia has once again stepped up! They just released a series of new 9mm diodes, including a 5W 488nm diode and a 1.5W 525nm diode, and a new single mode 180mW 515nm 5.6mm diode :love:

Head over to there site for more info (y)

Ive updated the list of Diodes with all the Diodes mentioned here by members, and Nichias latest release.
Just need to convert it into jpegs and attach to the OP.

J:coffee:

EDIT: updated OP
I'm sorry, did you just say a 5W 488nm diode!??

And also we could probably overdrive the 1.5W rated green to 2W and over?? This is awesome!