Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Line beam with Senkat's GB diode!?

Things

cool! you lit the match!! damn it why did my diode have to die? :'( :'(

;D

**edit** Fixed "DIDOE" spelling for things :D

I think your spelling error is quite apt for a dead diode :)

My diode is as dead as a didoe!

all my diodes have the --o-- artifact and I find that focusing the line (which isn't as bright and therefore easier to look at) brings the dot into perfect focal position.

You'll burn things almost instantly when the line is in perfect focus. :cool:

S

SenKat

stevetexas said:

You'll burn things almost instantly when the line is in perfect focus.  :cool:

WHY do you want to burn things with your diode ? Is it because he mispelled Diode ? Wow !! tough crowd here..... LOL !!!

Sorry for the braindead humor - I just really kinda had to. ;D

My line became prominent again when I went to enlarge the back of the black aixiz lens holder. Seems like the small aperture blocks out most of the outer parts of the lines.

Now the irritating lines are back again at higher powers. Maybe I caused some serious optical degradation to my diode after driving it pretty hard. Spotted some artifacts in my beam from the diode. Two small circles. Not sure if it's the diode lens that is scratched or some part of the facet is destroyed. Still burns great though.

More light may come out after enlarging the hole but it makes my beam profile look messy. Probably because my hole is not circular but has jagged edges since I carved it with a penknife.

Set up another diode in the DX housing which is exactly the same as the Aixiz housing except it has the extra head on the lens which helps focusing ALOT.

No beam artifacts or saturn beam lines on this new diode and it burns just as well on the same current. This makes me suspect that optical degradation may be the main cause of these lines instead of it being normal.

Focusing the lines is a pretty good way to focus the beam. Thanks for the tip, Steve!

Things

ok i now i know you are all trying to burn me with your "didoes", just for spelling diode wrong, geesh you people! :D ;D thanks senkat, i totally forgot about that, i couldn't edit my posts for some very strange reason(no..seriously!), but i have fixed that now!
hehehehe ok then lol ;D

xarylx said:
More light may come out after enlarging the hole but it makes my beam profile look messy. Probably because my hole is not circular but has jagged edges since I carved it with a penknife.

try cutting around the outer edge of the plastic part that you cut.  it should lift out fairly easily and completely with a pair of fine needle nose pliers or forceps.  be careful not to scratch the lens.

I don't think the diode is damaged at all - the lines are probably just part of the optics of the diode. all mine have it and it doesn't matter what power I drive them at.