Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lighting Up The Sky

Hi all,

I've recently just got back to the hobby of lasers, and now I'm planning to get my next laser pointer to add on to my my collection!

What I'm looking for this time is an astronomy laser. I've heard that 50mW serves as a good astronomy laser... is that true?

Also, I would be deeply grateful if you guys can tell me some links to buy such lasers, with a reasonable price of course. (I'm preferring green lasers with a wavelength of 532nm)

Thanks once again, and happy lasering!

~Alphonsus

Tmack

50mw is perfect for star pointing.

laserbtb is a great place to find what you need and is based in china.

The HL532 and PL532 are great green lasers that will more than serve your purpose.
HL =handheld laser
PL= portable laser

If you want a pen style , they also have those up to 150mw or so. This site comes very recommended from members here. You just missed the third group buy for that specific company, so needless to say that we are pleased with their products,

Jetlasers
CNI
Dragon Lasers
Are some other good ones.

50mw is perfect for star pointing.

laserbtb is a great place to find what you need and is based in china.

The HL532 and PL532 are great green lasers that will more than serve your purpose.
HL =handheld laser
PL= portable laser

If you want a pen style , they also have those up to 150mw or so. This site comes very recommended from members here. You just missed the third group buy for that specific company, so needless to say that we are pleased with their products,

Jetlasers
CNI
Dragon Lasers
Are some other good ones.

*LaserGlow as well :crackup:

Tmack

He's in Singapore. I was taking his location into account. But yes laserglow. It's in Canada.

He's in Singapore. I was taking his location into account. But yes laserglow. It's in Canada.

Oh sorry, I thought you were listing all of the "trusted" companies, my bad :)

But as said by Tmack, laserbtb would be a great fit for you.

Last edited:
Hey all,

Thank you for all of your informative replies. Yes, I stay in S'pore, but the shipping duration isn't really an issue to me as long as its free shipping. I've been browsing for quite a while and found these 2 products, all from dealextreme (yourlasers)
Portable Green Laser Pointer with Battery and Charger (50mw,532nm,Black, 1x16340) - Free Shipping

50mW 532nm Green Laser Pen (1*123A) - Free Shipping

Are these worth it? Is this company trustable? ( is the power output really 50mW?) This is cause it's my first time with this company and I really want to get what I wanted.

Thanks

Last edited:

Tmack

I wouldn't trust anything that company say about its lasers. Please consider the site I gave. They are proven to be a quality source. You will be much happier with some assurance of a good product instead of the gamble of buying from sites like those :) but your call

Hi there,

I've taken your advice to visit jet lasers, but the thing is that its website is all in mandrin and it's real difficult to navigate around :p

Any idea on how to use the website? Cause now I cant even see how much a certain laser costs XD

Oh ok, thanks much. Anyway guys, I guess I'll go for warn lasers. Since it is advertised on this website, I suppose that it is a credible company, and its products are up to standard.

I've found a good deal, which is this 80mW 532nm which just costs $20. Here is the link:
Green Laser Pointers |80mw|5mw|100mw - Green Laser Pointer - Buy form Warnlaser.com

I would be puchasing their safety goggles too.

I do hope that this company would not disappoint me and I really thank all of you guys whichgave me valuable advice. I'll be doing a review once I get it, and I would still like to hear your opinions on this company!

warnlasers is not a reputable company.

Just because their site is advertised on LPF does not mean that it is a good company.
But I guess if you've already ordered from them please post your reactions of your experience with them :)

Nahh haha don't worry I haven't made any purchase, as I would always take the advice of you vertrens before making any decision.

However, is warn lasers really that bad? Are those instances whereby they mix up your order true? I understand that they are based in China but their products are real cheap though....

Tmack

Laserbtb. Best quality to price ratio.

If it were a reputable site we would have told you about it.

Laser btb is whom I just ordered from. Took them a week exactly to get here and that includes processing. I missed the FedEx guy today :( but I called them up and they're swinging around!