Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lighting fuses

Has anyone had any experience with lighting firework fuses? Do you think the 200mW DX red, the "dilda" i think they call it, will be strong enough to light this with ease?

Yeah! It lights fuse! Here's a video of mine of it lighting use...instantly.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/v/AB6b5cuNANk[/media]

Thanks so much for the vid! This is actually the main purpose I'm buying this laser for lol.

One more question - I've read some stuff about EMS shipping on DX and about loosing stuff because of laws in your country on lasers. If I order this to the U.S. with EMS, will everything go alright? I don't really know U.S. laser laws.

360freak said:
Thanks so much for the vid! This is actually the main purpose I'm buying this laser for lol.

One more question - I've read some stuff about EMS shipping on DX and about loosing stuff because of laws in your country on lasers. If I order this to the U.S. with EMS, will everything go alright? I don't really know U.S. laser laws.
Don't have it shipped EMS, I've read stories on here how people's DX lasers got confiscated because they were shipped EMS. Just have it shipped the regular way, it will only slow it a few days.

Ok, I will take your advice, even though air mail for me takes like 3 weeks. The thing about the confiscations though, are that I think they were from people in other countries.

360freak said:
Ok, I will take your advice, even though air mail for me takes like 3 weeks. The thing about the confiscations though, are that I think they were from people in other countries.
I think some people from the US have had their lasers confiscated when shipped through EMS.

I think some people from the US have had their lasers confiscated when shipped through EMS.
Ah crap. Should I ask to change my shipping method or is it a longshot?

Reactions: ARG
RandomGiant said:
Ah crap. Should I ask to change my shipping method or is it a longshot?

don't worry about it. I've had over 5 lasers mailed to me via EMS and all went through fine. they mark all their packages as "gifts" and call them "light pens" lol

Hi,

I just tried it with my red laser and it lit without sharpie in like 3 seconds but I am only running it off 4.5v with a 150ma rockstr driver. And the distance was about 6 inches or so. I am guessing its around 130mw or less.

Nice after seeing styros vud on DX I ordered the dilda. I bought it for fireworks too!