Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

light waves and harmonics

dear mr. spock,
is there some harmonics between diode wavelength and amperage supplied thru driver? maybe in terms of fibonacci type ratios.
i dont know how to calculate such a harmonic amperage with a certain diode, but i wonder if such a thing exists?

i know that the higher the amperage the more stress it puts to the diode and it is likely to burn out faster with higher amperage.

i am thinking that if there is such a harmonics for amperage-diode relationships, it may be possible to have higher output as well as lifespan of a diode?

capt. jim kirk - starship enterprise

This forum is about lasers, not about incoherent sh*t :p

Sorry, but I can't make sense of what you're try to say, my guess would be you're looking for the current/wavelength relation of a laser diode, correct?

No. A laser diode will have one (or zero) wavelengths no matter the current.

I know of a least a few diodes that start single mode op to about 100mW of power and then become multimode, having multiple wavelength close to eachother. So there is a small dependency, but an important one for certain applications.

Yes, technically it's quite a few, but they're all within a nm of each other. For our intents and purposes, it's one wavelength.

They indeed don't go from red to green, that would've been nice :)