Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lifetime17 host Blackbuck/NUBM06 Stock lens/3x BE

This is a Lifetime17 plug and play kit. I spoke with him on the phone and he seems like a great guy. I could tell he takes pride in his work and it means a lot to him to see his customers satisfied. And now when I read his posts I hear his voice haha. So on to the goods.

Your standard 2 cell MX900 flashlight. I think he added an additional spring to the pill
attachment.php

Prewired using the flashlight driver contact board
attachment.php

The Blackbuck 8amp driver was just a little too big to sit on the pill so I used a 12mm copper module head and a 1972 copper penny to make a driver pedestal all thermal epoxied together. I forgot to get initial pics of it but this is the result
attachment.php

The Blackbuck 8a driver
attachment.php

Driver installed on the pill pedestal wired up
attachment.php

Connected to the test load before I installed the batteries incasethe tail cap was clicked on
attachment.php

Current setting. Made sure potentiometer was set to full
attachment.php

Last edited:

The diode module
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Drum roll please... G2 lens barrel from 97Z28. Lens removed of course.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Focus ring screw down completely
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Glad I grabbed a few spots...more pics

The Sanwu 3x BE with adapter
attachment.php

attachment.php

More more more
attachment.php

It's bed
attachment.php

Beamshot just Gball
attachment.php

Uh oh what's that smell? Not the normal plastic or wood burning smell. I hope if the wife sees this she says how nice the divergence is from the Gball...about 1/4" at around 5'
attachment.php

Expand the beam. Not a great shot, just for those that have to see to believe.
attachment.php

Last edited:

BobMc

That's mean! Your just teasing us!:D---- edit------- ok, I take it back, great post, was worth the wait. Real nice looking heat sink. Polished copper, very nice. Rich is a great guy, does some fantastic work. Really nice build thread, worth the read! Loved all the pics. Which diode are you using? Sorry for the jumbled up post, was watching/waiting as you posted and they just got better and better. Great finished laser. She a beauty! Liked your use of the copper penny.------ edit---- I see from your title your using an 06, thats a great diode, have one set at 4.5 amps and she puts out a great color, love the shade of blue. Enjoy��

Last edited:
Hi D,
Glad to see your happy with the P&P host awesome, wow you really did a great job with the build. When we spoke on the phone it sounded like it would turn out sweet and it did. And also i have to commend you on how clean all the connections were made and placed that right there means a lot to the finished product ..Great picos the build to love em .. + Rep buddy Woo Hoo !!!

Rich:)

Reactions: GSS
Good looking build, I like it. :gj: Your 06 should have a long happy life. +r when it will let me. Now if we could nudge sanwu into making us a 7X or 10X expander, I realize it would be physically bigger and cost a bit more so there will always be a market for the awesome 3X but I will buy at least a couple of anything bigger straight away. nudge nudge sanwu ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
Weird thing with the Blackbuck driver. If I turn the pot all the way down I have to power cycle the switch and have the pot set higher or it won't turn on.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Nice clean build, you've got to love all that copper!
:gj: +rep!

PS - Great job on that heatsink machining, Lifetime!

Last edited:
Weird thing with the Blackbuck driver. If I turn the pot all the way down I have to power cycle the switch and have the pot set higher or it won't turn on.

omg Ive been having a very similar issue. Going to try this when I get home and see if it works!

Hi Bowtie
Thank you buddy I try my best to make
It right . Working with copper is tricky and grabby so speed is always an issue. You need to take your time with it. Thank You much pal

Rich):

Last edited:
hi great beam shots looking good pal keep up the good work nice!!

Rich:0