Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LG GSA-4163B help

3zuli

I just got this drive. I've already done some searching and found out it's 16x drive and the red diode is the one with massive heatsink. now the questions: what mA should I drive it at? what mW will it give? and the pinout is the same as for other red's?
also, the diode is placed in a small heatsink like the SmOC diodes from BDR sleds. how can I extract it safely? any tips?
thx for help :)

Last edited:

Pics might help. And so far (other than flat reds and 4-pinned IR/Red diodes) the pinout is the same for all red and IR diodes.

daguin

Pics might help. And so far (other than flat reds and 4-pinned IR/Red diodes) the pinout is the same for all red and IR diodes.

@ JellyCrab -- Please stop posting about things that you do not understand.

@ 3Zuli -- Unless someone has worked with this specific diode/sled you must work up this information. If you are going to work with an "unknown", be ready to do the science that you are asking for.

The forum would appreciate your posting what you find.

If you do not yet understand how to test for the things you are asking, read some more in the "experiments" and the "review" boards.

Peace,
dave

3zuli

I know sth about testing, but I don't have an LPM so I can't make the current vs. output graph
I've found that someone was driving this @ 200mA and it can be pushed up to 250mA, so I will try...
I'll take some pics

Last edited:

daguin

I know sth about testing, but I don't have an LPM so I can't make the current vs. output graph
I've found that someone was driving this @ 200mA and it can be pushed up to 250mA, so I will try...
I'll make some pics

SWEET!

Even if one person has postd info about it, you will still need to do some "experimentation." After we get "several" people getting the same results, only then can we begin to "know" this info.

Thanks for entering the "research" side.

Peace,
dave

3zuli

it has 2 diodes, red is 5.6mm 3 pin short closed can and the IR is 9mm 3pin, seems to be short open can
btw it's a 16x drive. what's the usual mW of 16x diodes?
here are the pics:
attachment.php

the sled optics
attachment.php

the IR LD assembly; any info on this?
attachment.php

the red LD
I forgot to take pics of the sled before disassembling but it looked very similar to LPC815 sled
also on the back side is written:
4L12

edit: this sled looks ideal as RGV combining optics

Attachments

• P1010851m.jpg
    P1010851m.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 1,844
  • P1010854m.jpg
    P1010854m.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 1,457
  • P1010855m1.jpg
    P1010855m1.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 1,502
Last edited:

3zuli

so, testing is over :cryyy: I extracted the diode from it's heatsink (I broke the window :(), inserted it into Aixiz and set the current to 220mA. it lasted about 30 minutes then and then LED'd :cryyy: probably would last longer if I didn't broke the window:banghead:
but it was burning like a lighter :D