Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LF: Lower-Powered Variety

Hey there, :)
I'm looking to jump out of swimmin's "kinda overspec" and the "True 5mW" from DealExtreme (which is about 1.5x more powerful than swimm's, got lucky?), and get some higher powered lasers.

I'm looking for 405nm and a 532nm.
I'm also trying to find a 445nm, yet the lower-power ones are all, well, decently expensive. Aren't there sub-1W diodes for these lasers?

Anyways, I want everything about 70mW or less. Non-focusables; I don't want to burn, merely shine.
Custom hosts are very well preferred, as I do not want to run into overheating issues (like my -Ish host that the "True 5mW" comes in).

I'm in the Northeastern US (Northern Ohio).

*Will also buy some goggles (not cheap ones, mind..), and batteries with a charger. Diffraction caps would also be sweet, but I doubt any custom hosts have them.

Last edited:

I'm looking for 405nm, 532nm, and possibly 638nm (orange, right?).
635 isn't really what I would describe as orange. It's more orange then a standard 650 / 660 red laser, but you would most likely only notice the difference if you were looking at it with a 650 laser at the same time.

Here is a great photo that Fenzir took of some 635s I sold some time ago compared to a traditional 650 / 660 red laser.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f50/picked-up-some-635-lasers-off-e-bay-65785-2.html#post949269

It's easy to see the difference there, but much harder to see if they weren't side by side. 635 is more of an "orangy" red though. :D

Ah I see what you mean. Thanks for that, thought it would be a bit more orang-ish. That would be bad as I just ordered a 50mW 650nm from Lazerer (pretty one with a star cap, entertain the little ones..).

I'll just replace that one with a custom-hosted greenie. I am tired of NewWish hosts....

Last edited: