Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lens only focusable up to about 10-15 ft..

Laser only focusable up to about 10-15 ft..

Built a pocket mini, and another for a friend (both PHR-803T), but I've been wondering why I am unable to focus them any further than around 10ft? Could it be due to the housing? I did see this: Sure Laser Module Housing - 5mW laser diode included [Sure Electronics] - $3.59 : High Tech DealZ, Simplifying the LASER Hobby!

"These modules are really good for Blu Ray diodes as the Blu Ray diodes have a short focal length and the Sure Module can screw in further than a normal Aixiz Laser Module, so this lets you focus the Blu Ray lasers further away to infinity instead of 10 ft or so."

Could this be the problem?

My friend also ordered the glass mod lens from jrob.. didn't help at all with the focusing any further.

daguin

Either the focus ring is preventing you from screwing the lens in far enough (remove the focus ring and screw the lens in farther) OR you did not get the diode pressed all the way into the module (carefully press the diode in farther). The diode should be slightly recessed into the module.

Peace,
dave

For Jay's glass lens mod for 405nm you probably just need to take out or significantly cut the spring inside there.

The glass lens needs to go in further than the spring allows. The focusing knob shouldn't matter for the glass lens mod.

thanks,
Kendall

Daves, suggestion is the one that sounds right for this app. I would add that the
last order of the Aixiz mods I recieved the lens cap was not threaded deep enough.

try it w/out the cap to see if it will go in further...

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I actually have to wait on doing this for a couple days, but when I do I will let you know how it goes, don't be surprised if this thread pops up again or you end up with a PM from me, I'm going to do what it takes. Thanks again.

Stevo

be careful when pointing your blu-ray directly into your camera. I saw a pic on your website that looks like you might have done a little ccd burn. assuming that the girl in the photo is using your pointer.

be careful when pointing your blu-ray directly into your camera. I saw a pic on your website that looks like you might have done a little ccd burn. assuming that the girl in the photo is using your pointer.

oh heavens no! no no no, that photo was taken before I even joined the forum, thats my good friend, shes just playing with an LED keychain light, no way I would ever let something like that happen, haha. I do thank you for your concern though :)

Stevo

It could also be that you're seeing a halo around the dot. This is normal, as a lot of people have trouble focusing on 405nm properly. To check for this, bounce the dot off a mirror on the far side of the room so that it hits right next to you. if the dot on the wall next to you looks like it should, then the laser is focusing fine. Now, look at the dot by looking into the mirror. You'll see the halo.

Alternatively, you can set the laser up with a constant on switch and just walk across the room.