Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lens cap for Lazerer rifle

So my 405nm Rifle from lazerer has just arrived and so far I am loving it. This is my first rifle from lazerer so I've been looking forward to this since I ordered it. One question I do have though is what makes a good lens cap for the rifle. I'm thinking I could take the null cap off and just fill the aperture with silicone caulk or something similar. Any better ideas?

I don't I have the removable null lens. I think I'll fill the hole with some caulk or epoxy and use it as a screw on lens cap

Mine is staying in the aluminum case it came with when not in use, so no need for a lens cap here. Also, I didn't order the multiple caps.

However... go to a music store and ask for rubber "flute plugs", if they don't recognise the request, say "for closing french style key holes for beginners". These little rubber or silicone plugs fit the aperture perfectly, and are removable.

Better something removable instead of semi-permanent caulking. Also, if you accidentally turn it on, you'll see diffused light through the plug, so you'll know it is on.

Mine is staying in the aluminum case it came with when not in use, so no need for a lens cap here. Also, I didn't order the multiple caps.

However... go to a music store and ask for rubber "flute plugs", if they don't recognise the request, say "for closing french style key holes for beginners". These little rubber or silicone plugs fit the aperture perfectly, and are removable.

Better something removable instead of semi-permanent caulking. Also, if you accidentally turn it on, you'll see diffused light through the plug, so you'll know it is on.

Thanks for the advice I'll give the flute plugs a look. I didn't get the expanded lens kit or the aluminum case because I already have a carry case for my lasers but even when there in the carry case I still use lens caps.