Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LEGO Spyrograph! (Laser Show, Projector, Ect.)

Rhith

Since I am still a "kid" I have plenty of Legos and decided they would be great to hold motors for a spyrograph. I could have been sleeping but I thought that this would be more fun and much cooler. But enough talking, here are the pictures! ;D

100_3949.jpg

100_3950.jpg

100_3951.jpg

Without it running:
100_3953.jpg

No exposure setting:
100_3956.jpg

0.5 Second exposure setting:
100_3955.jpg

1.0 Second exposure setting:
100_3954.jpg

And the whole gallery:
http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/aa214/LaserRhith/lego prototypes/

Please let me know what you think of it! ;)

Re: LEGO Spirograph!

MMMM Legos. Can make anything out of um. Now send me some!

hahaha awesome, not just make a badass lab greenie with legos as the case :).

Cool project Rhith, I'm definately making a spirograph and tunnel gun when I FINALLY get a chance to take a break from this school work.

Things

hehehe my first laser spiro was make of lego mindstorms, and it used a motor, and a big mirror, and a 1mw red pointer ;D ;D ;D nice work though man!

T

timelord

That's given me food for thought as our boys have loads of lego doing nothing and the thought has crossed my mind a few times on this subject.

Rhith

Thank you everyone for the kind words. Be sure to let us know how anything you try out works Timelord.

Rhith

I'm glad to see that people like the LEGO build design. I'm thinking about making some even crazier and more intricate LEGO laser structures in the future so stay tuned!

Comidt

i have tried with Mindstorms Before, but couldn't quite get it stable enough, will have tp try again.
They have stepper motors, not you could plot a point/points with it and have a VERY slow show ;D