Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LEDShoppe: 2 in 1 Disco Green Beam Laser Show

LP3033a.JPG
LP3033e.JPG

2 in 1 Disco Green Beam Laser Show Stage Application Product

This is not a pointer, but based on green laser pointer technology; 2 in 1 here doesn’t include single beam pointing function, but contains twisted arrays of dancing circles (main function) and dots.

Specification:

Total Output Power: <10mW
Measured Dots Intensity:< 5mW
Wavelength: 532nm
Power supply: 2 AAA Batteries Included (Alkaline batteries with heavy duty)

$12 - 10% Coupon (YABEPG) = $10.80 USD Delivered

http://www.ledshoppe.com/Product/ledp/LP3033.htm

Seems to be similar to this ebay one here for $99 USD!!! (If you read the ebay product description it states suggested retail is $58 USD )

I imagine it would look cooler with a stronger laser module or without the diffraction grating. I'll post a review when it arrives.

Last edited:

I got one of these - after the first one was non-operational, ledshoppe did send a replacement which works fine. I'm guessing it has a mirror mounted on a spring - the effect is best when first picked up, then the movement fades to zero. I've found that finger flicks give pretty cool effects - makes me think of string theory and the vibrations thereof. As for use, it wows people pretty good when I hit the ceiling with it, and I'm thinking it would be an unusual effect for an art car or bicycle mount (ground illumination) at Burning Man - it needs some sort of vibration to keep the effect going. Duty cycle might be an issue with such use, though. For $12, it's ok. Might get a couple more . . .

Jaseth

I'm thinking: Swap the module with a 100mW o-like and put it on a subwoofer for constant changing effects. It's not the most amazing "show" ever but for its price it is certainly worth it. You could easily afford 2-3 of these to light up the dancefloor constantly while the real laser scanner does its beam shows.

Seb