Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LED's

Hi guys,

Im new to laserpointerforums :) and i have a question, would anyone know where i can buy some blinking LED's......im wanting them to make a project light show any links ect....would be great thanks... alex

PS: sorry if i posted in the wrong spot

Hi guys,

Im new to laserpointerforums :) and i have a question, would anyone know where i can buy some blinking LED's......im wanting them to make a project light show any links ect....would be great thanks... alex

PS: sorry if i posted in the wrong spot

Checkout Candlepower Forums for answers

im a member there and have no luck over there thats why i joined here :)

i found some led's thanks to a member here know i need is a 555 timer thats built for flashing led's,chasing ect.......and i have no soldering or circuit knowledge to make one :(

does anyone no how to make a 555 timer for led's ?

Yes, all you need is 2 resistors a cap and a 555, about six inches of wire and a breadboard.

I can post the schematic if needed.

Want a great effect, use the 555 pulse to clock a TTL (74193) counter, followed by a 74154 decoder and sequence the LEDs .

The simple addition of a flip flop to that can make the LEDs sequence back and forth like the front of "Night Rider's" K.I.T. (The car)

Or if you prefer a cylon eye.

The circuit on the far left (8 pin IC) is a 555 pulse generator.

breadboard.jpg

Last edited:
Here is that schematic Alex. I'll send you a pm momentarily.

Special thanks to Forrest M. Mims III for the illustration extracted from "Engineers Notebook II"

555.gif

Last edited:
catching up on posts, had to take my son to the emergency room today, he slammed his thumb in the truck door.

He will lose a nail, but otherwise he's fine. Thanks for asking.

10 year olds are resilient.

Same thing happened to my little finger when I was 6 or something, also lost the nail. But it grew back! :D

It was very gory, it has a little mark left today lol.