Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LED Throwies GB

So most of you have probably seen my recent post here regarding LED throwies. If you don't know what they are you have no idea what you're missing out on and I recommend you go to this site immediately to correct this situation: http://graffitiresearchlab.com/?page_id=6#video

Basically it's a 10mm diffuse LED, a 3V lithium coin cell and a neodymium magnet. You wrap it up in tape and leave the LED poking out.
Throw them high and in great quantity to impress your friends and city officials. (Quote from GRL site)
Make sure these officials are OK with you doing this though... I take no liability for people getting in trouble with these.

Anyway. This is the official GB thread. Just collecting names and numbers at this stage.
Pricing:
Quantity reached Price
400$0.45
500$0.45
1000$0.41
1500$0.39
2000$0.37

These prices take LEDs, batteries and magnets into account. They require assembly. (Takes less than 5 seconds each) You need tape.
This is the cheapest I've seen them, but I can't afford to buy 2000 throwies myself so this helps us all out.

So for the prices listed in the table you get one throwie. For example if we reached 1000, $41 + shipping would get you 100 throwies.

I consider 50 to be a quantity unit, so quantities of 50, 100, 150 etc are appreciated... but I can go to 25. Please no orders under 25 throwies... makes it hard... maybe if you ask really really nicely I might. ;)

Shipping is blanket price of $10 worldwide for under 50, 50-200 is $15, over 200 is $20. Doesn't matter if you're in Australia or the UK or the US or whatever. I'm making it simple.

Just in case I've been too confusing. Say you wanted to buy 100, and together we'd reached 1500. You would pay $39 for the throwies and $15 for shipping for a combined total of $54.

Once we get enough I'll deal with payment. Who knows, maybe google checkout will have gotten around to letting australian merchants in by then.

NameQuantityPaid
BlueFusion100
Lorgar100
simplysped2100
jenius100
member02100
goldfingerfif100
daguin200
tocket200

Total: 1000

jenius

sorry if this was posted somewhere else: what size neodynium magnet? i've made a lot of these before, and have found that smaller magnets make them bounce off and not stick unless thrown very lightly. if i like what i see, i'm in for 100!

MERC

Are you buying the components seperatly from different sources?

I'm getting the magnets from one place and the LEDs and batteries from another.

jenius

Okay, I actually have a few of those magnets lying around still, I used slightly smaller magnets that were slightly thicker, and those worked wonderfully, these would probably work better!

So put me down for 100 assorted colors (i.e. 2 "units", i don't want to be buying 50,000 throwies o_O)

If i can scrounge up the cash, I may try to get an extra 25, but right now just 100.

fyi whenever I make these, the blue LEDS just don't work as well: you can't see them nearly as well as others, even when rated the same brightness. I think there are a few possible reasons, but the result is what matters.

Well we're at minimum quantity. I'll give a day or two to scrounge more interest... but if we can't find more then i'll just go ahead with payments.
Lorgar i hope you meant 100, Blue, not 100 blue ones cos I can't order individual colours separately, its equal quantities.

jenius

i've been pestering my friends who have played with these before: put me down for another 50, i got some people to buy.

around when do you think you will stop taking orders? because i might be able to get more people.

If you can get them soon... I'll give you till Wed. So tuesday your time... you backwards people you...
but if you think you could get a few more hundred in a few more days i'd be on to wait for that.

edit: the 500, 1000 are actually packs, not quantity / price drops...
so we need to hit 1000 since we're at 600 now. once we hit 1000 i'll stop taking orders.

jenius

ok I won't need any longer than it takes to get us to 1000... but I would like only a total of 100 as of right now (I talked to the people and at the time they were just flapping their lips, they wouldn't pay me...) so not that extra 50 i asked for...

sure mate. i estimate maybe 2 weeks tops to get to 1000, or i might find some money to pay for some, and sell them off later.