Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LED SHOP 50MW Help

i got my laser from the led shop the 50mw. its been great for a while now but its starting to act funny. it starts out dim green then .75 a sec later it goes bright. every once in a while no light comes out and when i look into the laser i see a dim red light. What is going on? bad switch? lose connection? if so how do i open it up to modify it.

Do not look at the red light.
It is IR and can cause damage.

Try new batteries first. If the problem persists, there may be poor electrical contact somewhere, most likely the switch.

batteries are good. i tried new ones. okay so if its the switch how do i open it up? i don't see any way to do it with out using a rotary cutter.
EDIT
i think i am going to wait till it stops working before i attempt to do anything. it still works just weird.

Last edited:
You will have to remove the aperture cap. It may take some force. I would not recommend this if you have no experience with it and do not want to destroy you laser.

I wrap cloth or cardboard around the cap and set it in a vice and "wiggle" it off little by little.
Once the cap is off, you will have to find a way to pull the module out safely. Pushing may damage or break the driver.
I remove the lens and use a threaded brass pipe to grip and pull out the module.

Again, if you haven't done this before or do not have the tools, you may be better off sending it to someone that offers to do repairs.

Hmm. it was only like 23$ how much would it coast for some one to open it so i could fix it?

AjentX

hey how cold is it where you keep your laser?

mine does the same thing but if i warm it up in my hands/pocket before hand then it works just fine.. just a couple cents before you go and destroy your host :p lemme know if it works..

(the reasons why.. to my best knowledge is that at lower temp the crystals that the IR laser is pumped through shift inside the host then when they are reheated to operating temp they move back to the original position. not sure how accurate that is.. but that what i believe i've heard.. lol its been a while..)

AjentX

yep thats about the same as mine :) just try warming it in your hands or whatever and see if it works the first time :) good luck

mpk01

can this laser pop balloon at about 20 feet? or light matches at short distance...

the beam are much more visible if compare to 200mw red dilda? (coz i only have red 200mw v1 dilda)

also... how much more visible if green laser are more visible? (comparing 50mw green with 200mw red)

Last edited:
no it cant it may seem brighter to us. brighter but it is has less power.
my green now fixed btw is about 5 time brighter than my 250mw red and my 100mw br.
Green if you have ever seen the visible light spectrum bell cure it is a ton brighter to us.

when you take off the aperature cap on ledshoppe lasers the actual laser does not come out i dont want to tear mine up so i dont know how to get it out effectively but it is really easy to clean the lens if you need to.

and YES it can pop a balloon from over 20ft because of awesome divergence but because it has a large beam at the aperature it cant light matches

this one is only the 30mw from ledshoppe

when you take off the aperature cap on ledshoppe lasers the actual laser does not come out i dont want to tear mine up so i dont know how to get it out effectively but it is really easy to clean the lens if you need to.

and YES it can pop a balloon from over 20ft because of awesome divergence but because it has a large beam at the aperature it cant light matches

this one is only the 30mw from ledshoppe

NIIICE.... That came to me as a big surprise.... I think you might have gotten lucky. I doubt more then half of the 30mW are capable of producing that. Also like you said, the divergence seems to be dead on target....