Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LD identification

Hello everyone.

Some two weeks ago i got an 405nm LD which was extracted from a PHR803-T. First I was thinking, as many seem to, that it was the Sharp GH04P21A2GE. Nevertheless i measured the voltage across the pins 1 and 2 while illuminating the LD with a halogen spot and found out that the pinout is not the same as in Sharp's datasheet. According to the datasheet pin 1 is the Anode (+) and pin 3 is the cathode (-). According to my measurement the LD at hand has the pins swapped, thus pin 3 is the Anode.

I made some reflection holograms with that LD and found the coherence length to be at least 12cm. This is not bad, especially as i was thinking that i would get the Sharp LD first, and that one has miserable spectral distribution and would have been no good for holography.

Unfortunately that LD died too soon.

Later i got 2 more PHR803-T and could test one of the LDs. Unfortunately this LD only has a coherence length of a few mm.

It would be a big help for me if i could find out the producer of the first LD. Does anybody know which LDs are usually found in PHR803-T sleds except for the Sharp GH04P21A2GE?

The LD has a stamp on the bottom of the case, looking like a digital postage stamp:

Does anybody know what the brand/type of this LD is?

Thanks a lot.

Ahmet

Attachments

• 19-P0012.jpg
    19-P0012.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 94

Just took a new picture, which might be a bit clearer.

Attachments

• dscn2438-1.jpg
    dscn2438-1.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 81
Thanks a lot 666DAN. The light spectrum of the Sanyo LD would fit. The lower nominal operating current of the Sanyo would also explain it's short life. The LD had been operated with currents up top 120mA.

But the output powers are very different, 105mW for the Sharp and 60 mW for the Sanyo.

I'm trying to decipher the mico QR code on the LD