Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LazerPoint 532nm

I wanted to get a feel of the various laser pointer sellers, and surfing the forums, I found LazerPoint. The thing that really caught my eye were their prices. So I figured, I'd give it a go.

Well each purchase I've made, it's taken a few days just to process the order. And the shipping... Well one order took about 2 weeks, the other a month?!? And at this point, I would NOT recommend anyone purchasing from them AT ALL!!! Customer service, well it hasn't bee great.... My 1st laser died on me. And I had jump through hoops only to still not have an RMA #. My 2nd laser a 405nm arrived DOA. Didn't even power on..... And the sole remaining pointer a 532nm "500mw" pointer while functioning, is not what it claims....

2ET_2963.jpg

2ET_2962.jpg

2ET_2961.jpg

500mw.... Coming up a tad short.......
LaserPoint532nm.jpg

I'm working on doing charge backs to recoup my funds. Overall I've had a bad experience. 2 dead lasers, and one very underspec laser. So unless they had a bad batch and I happened to get all of them, I can't say I'd recommend them.

Lol, did you really expect 500mW??
and 150mW is not bad at all. How much did you pay for it?

Lol, did you really expect 500mW??
and 150mW is not bad at all. How much did you pay for it?

Eh?!? I figured at least half the claim. Especially after the laserbtb I received was overspec, and the laserpointerpro was within 20mw of it's claim. And $35 for the "500mw" 532nm.

Eh?!? I figured at least half the claim. Especially after the laserbtb I received was overspec, and the laserpointerpro was within 20mw of it's claim. And $35 for the "500mw" 532nm.
35 bucks for that power is not THAT bad... Idk how much of it is IR but still, I paid 60 for 105mW with like 6 of IR. Seems like a good buy.

When I first saw those pictures I thought the laser was outputting 561nm :crackup:

With that being said, I have seen your other pictures and they all look splendid, keep it up :)

honeyx

And $35 for the "500mw" 532nm.

You seriously expected to get something near 500mW of green for just $35??

A real 400-500mW greenie costs about 5 times more than this. The hosts are also bigger as the mudules there are bigger too. They are using 2.5 -3W C-mount IR diodes which also need better heatsinking.

Yours can only take one of these 200mW modules, so 150mW is quite ok for $35.

You seriously expected to get something near 500mW of green for just $35??

A real 400-500mW greenie costs about 5 times more than this. The hosts are also bigger as the mudules there are bigger too. They are using 2.5 -3W C-mount IR diodes which also need better heatsinking.

Yours can only take one of these 200mW modules, so 150mW is quite ok for $35.

The reason I purchased from so many different vendors, is to get an idea on their varying quality. As I stated, no I wasn't expecting a full 500mw, but half that would have been ok.

But to make sure people understand my reasoning for my negative outlook:
2 out of 3 lasers are DEAD
Shipping on one order took about a month with no communication.
Still no response to my RMA request for the dead lasers.
Inaccurate power claims for the one laser that has worked.
Compared to the other vendors I have used, I'm just not all that impressed.

So I guess this review isn't just on the 532nm pointer, but my overall experience.

honeyx

Even half of that is already to much for this money. Take a look at odicforce or o-like to get an idea how much such lasers costs. But also at the hosts and its size.

So if it sounds to good to be true, and you are ignoring the signs, don´t wounder making such experiences. In the end dealing with such companies doesn´t come to be cheaper but cost more than buying directly from a quite well known company.

Last edited:
Even half of that is already to much for this money. Take a look at odicforce or o-like to get an idea how much such lasers costs. But also at the hosts and its size.

So if it sounds to good to be true, and you are ignoring the signs, don´t wounder making such experiences. In the end dealing with such companies doesn´t come to be cheaper but cost more than buying directly from a quite well known company.

Guys, this was more of an experiment. Which is the reason, I'm not all that upset.... I will be getting my money back, so to me it's not that big of a deal. My PL-445 right now has shown to be more than worth it, so I know what a quality laser is like. And I have a custom build by mhemling that has also been impressive.

kilter

I would have expected under 100! I am suprised it hit over 100! I just might have to take this buy. I want a laser in that host and over 100mw focusable, this might just fit the bill!

I would have expected under 100! I am suprised it hit over 100! I just might have to take this buy. I want a laser in that host and over 100mw focusable, this might just fit the bill!

Expect hit or miss, on if it will actually arrive working.

_2ET3083.jpg

_2ET3087.jpg

Also I've tested the original 532 laser up to 150mw so far. And the one I just received up to 160mw.

Last edited: