Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lazerer Stick 1W Rip-off Found on eBay?

I was just surfing on eBay trying to look for a cheap blue laser working at < 5mW for my younger brother who has a small interest in low power lasers of different colours and is trying to collect different coloured ones.

Back to the subject, through all of the overpriced 5mW lasers I found a significantly overpriced one, called "Super-Powerful 445nm Focusable Waterproof Blue Laser Pointer/Torch". So I decided to check it out. In all of the pictures it depicted a silver-host laser, with a sticker stating that the laser is "< 1000mW" but the thing that caught my eye the most was the uncanny resemblance that it had to the "LZSK - 445nm 1W Focusable Blue Laser Pointer" found on Lazerer.

I've posted some comparison pictures below, but I'll provide the links to the websites so you can browse through and see for yourself.

Lazerer Stick445 - 1W

Stick445-Lazerer.jpg

eBay Super-Powerful 1000mW

Stick445-eBay.jpg

I find it a bit strange to be finding a 1W fully assembled laser on eBay, even though it is from China. Anyway, links are below. Say what you will!

LZSK - 445nm 1W Focusable Blue Laser Pointer - Lazerer

Super-Powerful 445nm Focusable Waterproof Blue Laser Pointer/Torch - eBay

Last edited:

TuhOz

Yeah, it could be the one from Lazerer.
But its higher price..

Yeah, it could be the one from Lazerer.
But its higher price..

I thought that as well, but lasers from eBay tend to be badly under spec. For example, I was looking to replace my cheap 5mW green laser with another which was titled "5mW laser blah blah blah" yet when I scrolled down the page I discovered it was < 1mW... This is certainly very strange, I'll compare the stats very closely.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT

I also noticed that the laser is apparently 450nm, but can be changeable between 445 and 473 modes. Is that possible?

Last edited:
they might just be reselling it for a profit, that user sells many laser things

so rip-off is the correct term to use here

Last edited:
I also noticed that the laser is apparently 450nm, but can be changeable between 445 and 473 modes. Is that possible?
No
Chinese sellers often mess up specs or make things up to get interest. Ignore ebay listings like this one & any that contradict themselves.
Super-Powerful 445nm
wavelength: 450 nm (can be customized 445nm, 473nm)
455 blue laser pointer
Its just a 445nm diode.
Wavelength can not be purposely adjusted in a normal laser. A diode's starting wavelength does vary a bit from diode to diode & can temporarily drift a little with temperature.
Its certianly not 473nm, 473nm requires a DPSS system not a normal cheap diode.

Last edited: