Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lazerer stick 1 Watt REVIEW + BEAMSHOTS

A quick introduction.
Remember guys, this is my very first review on this site, and no amount of reading other reviews can fully prevent mistakes on my part. Although please do point them out, as I'd love to have them corrected.
Also, if you find my english flimsy in spots, that's because english is NOT my first language, but it's really no use to write a review in romanian.

A few notes on the Purchase.
This laser was bought internally from a romanian reseller. The reason why I decided on this was to get the laser in 2 days instead of two weeks, and also to avoid having to use credit cards (All payments were payed by me in cash). Regardless, i know many of you do not agree with what i did, but to get the exact same items from lazerer would only have gotten me with a 10$ lower total

Shipping and Delivery.
I think i contacted the seller on a Tuesday, he told me he posted the parcel on the following Wednesday, and I had the laser at my doorstep Thursday morning. Overall 2 days for shipping and delivery is REALLY GOOD.
It came neatly wrapped in some slightly worn plastic.

rc561Dil.jpg

Included items and Presentation.
Having ripped the plastic off in a furious rage, i was briefly stopped by a pretty sleek if not slightly small aluminium briefcase.
LkmVQAGl.jpg

Opening that immediately after, i was greeted by some more reliant packaging since the fragile laser it's self was wrapped in bubble-wrap foil, and the all important safety goggles were in a plastic sheet of their own.
PS: sorry for the slight shake of this photo, I guess i was kinda excited back then.

MLOgMcel.jpg

I then went ahead and laid all the contents out on my table for a roundup.
DnsKXkEl.jpg

The total items delivered are as so:
- 1 x Aluminium box/mini-briefcase.
- 1 x Dual CR123 charger WITH USA-Europe adapter.
- 2 x CR123 Battery cells.
- 1 x Safety glasses.
- 1 x Actual laser with handstrap.

TOTAL PRICE WAS 600 RON OR 179.359$ DOLLA-BUCKS.

The Actual Laser.
Having slotted in the two batteries and slapped the safety goggle on my eyes, i fired the thing up, and HOLY GOD WAS IT BRIGHT.
JrkNtcGl.jpg

Pointing the thing around in a room in broad daylight produced an intense blue beam, much more visible than ANYTHING i had seen before.
eUhbZjGl.jpg

Mind you, i have never used a laser above 200 mW of power, and when i did, it was a lethargically dim 650nM red burner (OK, i guess it was probably pretty bright too, but nowhere near as much so as the Stick.
Also, this laser is absolutely massive! here is a quick size comparison with a 200mW red laser and a small flashlight.
ol0AciSl.jpg

Burning Capability.
As you'd expect from a focusable 1000mW laser, it is quite the burner, but the thing that shocked me the most was the fact that it could burn pretty darn well even when completely out of focus or set to infinity. Because of this, it seemed as though almost anything I pointed it at would start smoking almost instantly.
0KH21onl.jpg

It's kinda hard to see this though since the dot is just so dang blindingly bright.

Moving on to Up-close burning, after having made sure that the all-important safety goggle were securely on my head, i turned the laser on and let it loose on a match.
GhY02ZEl.jpg

When focused to infinity, it takes under a half second for a match to be lit, When focused for up close work, a match can be lit ABSOLUTELY INSTANTLY. I'm not even exagerating, i'd prove it if I had an ultra-high speed camera.
What really impressed me,though was how quick it could light the wooden end of a match, which is about one second, poking a pretty big hole in the wood in the process
hQL7ZLIl.jpg

It's kinda hard to see the difference in between the two types of match lighting. +rep for the first user to find the only discernible difference.

The laser is also very handy at all other types of burning tricks expected from a laser of this power. It can easily light candles, it shreds black plastic bags, and probably most impressively, it can actually CUT a CD case (given, it takes a fair while to do so)
cQRltSbl.jpg

The above image is of what the laser was able to do in one minute on the clock. I'm beginning to think it might be kinda overspec...

The Beam.
What many of you have probably been reading for, the beam, and the adjacent beamshots.
As i've stated, the beam is very, very visible, even in broad daylight inside a room. Well, when night falls, the beam seems to increase it's intensity tenfold! For your viewing pleasure, i have taken a beamshot.
pB9bqQql.jpg

But then i realised that holding the laser during the shooting was just "so 2011", so i set it up in this fashion:
DqOGEP1l.jpg

This was the result;
VRGJFykl.jpg

Another thing to be expected of this type of laser is the fact that the beam is not a perfect cylinder, not in the slightest. When turned around, it is easily noticeable that the beam is a sort of rectangle. This is an effect more easily shown than explained:
4Z8jxIhl.jpg

You might look at this image and be like "hur durr, this laser got dat tight 'n' bright beam IMHO", but then you see this other image:
PuaPk42l.jpg

And everything you thought gets reversed. This is because the beam, as I said, is rectangular, so it will seem tighter from some angles than from others.

Other thoughts and bits of info
I would make some snide comment about how the laser mode hops, and say something about some TEM0017, but i must admit i have really no idea about what it means when a laser mode-hops, and how it would affect or not affect a laser's performance.
As for divergence, you can definitely see the beam getting bigger as it goes further into the distance, and from what I read, it should be around 2.0 Mrad, whatever that means.

If you guys want some more beamshots or info, just let me know, but do keep in mind that this is my first review and also english is not my first language.

EDIT 1: fixed sizes not working.
EDIT 2: fixed images not displaying at all
EDIT 3: Added size comparison
EDIT 4: Fixed images being way too damn huge.

Last edited:

im a new guy too.
your english was fine and i really like the two shots of the beam fat and skinny.

Gun

Very nice review! I didn't notice any problems with your English at all.

That's an awesome laser, I'm jealous ;)

norbyx

Well I think that you made a great review of your new laser.
I am new to lasers also so am no expert in judging your conlusions on the beam shape or pattern, and convergence, but I enjoined the read.

mwang

Great review, and the beam is rectangular because of how all the current 445nm blue laser diodes are multimode, meaning that they give a long rectangular output, but has a huge power output compared to the cleaner looking outputting diodes. The lens fixes it a little, but the beam usually ends up pretty rectangular. Just FYI :)

Laik

Nice review and laser! You sound stoked about it. My first 445nm will be in a few months at minimum :( The difference when lighting the 2 ends of the match is that when you light the striking end (with the stuff on it) there is a puff of smoke and also a bigger flame when it first gets lit then goes back to a regular sized flame. :)

Gun

Also, lighting a match on the red tip is a lot easier than lighting the wood itself. Lighting the match on the wood is often reffered to as "the hard way".

Last edited:
Thanks for the great feedback guys! Although I must apologize for taking so long to respond, the reason for that is that my mail server thought it would be a fun idea to move all incoming mails from LPF to my spam folder, so I've been a bit in-the-dark lately.

EDIT 1: Also gave rep as promised to those who answered my question.

Last edited:
Really cool laser. I'm surprised to see you with an 1watt laser bought from Romania. Can you send me a link with the shop from were you bought this?:bowdown:+1 from me